Fifteen: Kenny Ackerman

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! I shot to my feet and immediately ran for cover as gunshots rang out from overhead. Abel's body slid from the roof and barely missed me as I dove through a window to conceal myself.

Was the Captain okay? Oh god, Nifa and Abel are dead. And at the hands of humans. This wasn't dying from a titan, which was traumatic in itself, but this was being killed by someone who should be helping to preserve life. This was cold blooded murder.

My chest heaved as I tried to catch my breath. What the hell do I do? Clearly Levi didn't want me engaging with these people, otherwise, he wouldn't have shoved me off of the roof. Do I disobey an implied order and engage anyway?

Before I could decide, someone busted through another window and shot at me. Reacting quickly, I kicked a table over and used it as cover. Guess I would have to engage anyway, they forced my hand. Sliding my blades onto their hilts, I used my ODM gear and escaped back out the window I had come from. The attacker chased after me, taking several shots and missing each time. Looping around a building, I moved in close and sliced at him, but he dodged and all I could get was his hand.

He cursed and switched his gun to his other hand, who's aim was much less accurate because now I was able to zip around without focusing on avoiding bullets, which were much harder to dodge since they moved so fucking fast. I was annoyed now, but swung at him again. He shot close to me and the bullet grazed my foot, making me cry out. Still, I didn't give up and I went in for the kill, taking off his head as swiftly as I would chop off a Titans hand. Landing on a roof nearby, I tried to catch my breath, but someone else was already shooting at me.

I backflipped over the lip of the roof, using the triangular shape as temporary cover, then snatched the gun from the man I had just killed. It would be a lot easier to win a gun fight if I didn't have fucking swords. Using my ODM gear, I zipped to the ground and used my lower level to my advantage, the next attacker not expecting me to take the low ground. He saw me too late because I fired before he did and he fell from the air, dropping to the ground like a dead fly. When I came to check that he was dead, I shot him once more in the head and took his gun as well, not knowing how many rounds were left in the one I had stolen already.

I looked up, searching for any more attackers, but saw no one. I need to get to Eren and Historia, the Captain would have to wait. Besides, he was more than capable of taking care of himself.

Hurrying in the direction we knew the wagon would be going, I used my ODM gear to get there faster. Was I going to make it in time? As I appeared over the rooftop, I witnessed Keiji being shot and killed as the attackers took over Eren's wagon. Eren and Historia were unconscious, tranquilizers sticking out of their necks.

As I jumped out to intercept, I was surprised to see Levi do the same. Before we could reach the wagon, someone shot at me while another person intercepted Levi. Whoever had shot at me had missed, but their bullet grazed my face, making blood spill down my cheek. I front flipped onto the side of a building and shot back before taking cover behind a chimney. Three more gunshots followed after me, each one missing, and I swung out to take a shot as well, knowing where my attacker was based on the last gunshot. My shot landed, hitting her in between her eyes. Instant kill shot.

Levi disappeared into a nearby bar and the man with the hat followed. I presumed this man was Kenny because he was giving Levi the hardest time out of every one of the other attackers. The rest of Kenny's squad littered the outside of the bar, their guns drawn.

I had to make a choice. Save Eren and Historia alone, or give Levi back-up. Cursing, I racked my gun and ran after Levi, discreetly taking cover on a roof nearby. I couldn't start shooting at them now or I would be quickly attacked from all sides. I needed to wait. Something was happening inside the bar, but whatever it was didn't last long because the sound of a shotgun rang out and Kenny's body flew through the front door and into the street. Something else flew outside a window and Kenny's squad shot at it only to realize it was a chair.