♪ [bonus] - alternate ending

||2006||

"It's been a while since we've been here, huh?" Harley couldn't help but reminisce about where she had to say goodbye a few years back. It wasn't a pleasant memory, but now she hoped that it wouldn't end up the same.

"Yeah... I'm not saying goodbye again. It's different this time," he smiled reassuringly.

Gray surprised Harley back in Bates Record Studio. He rented the place before the New Year countdown. The day he had to leave her left a bitter taste in his mouth. Gray wanted to at least let her remember more of the good times while he was home. Minutes ran before the time hit midnight. He had led Harley up the rooftop to see the explosive colors of the fireworks, welcoming a new beginning for the both of them.

As they watched all the glittery colors of the fireworks, they eventually faded back into the night sky. Gray had wrapped his arms around her shoulders, hugging her from behind.

"Happy new year, sunshine," he whispered through her ear. He then snuggled closer and tightened his embrace around her.

"You too, Gray," melting into his arms as she savored the last few hours of them together. Gray was scheduled back to LA, promising he would be home in no time.

It was now or never. Harley had to tell him about the baby and that she was in love with him. All this time.

She spun to face Gray and smiled up at him. His hand languidly stroked her arm down until it reached her hand. "I need to tell you something," she started.

"What is it?" Gray couldn't contain his smile. He was too happy to spend his remaining free time with her. It was one moment where he could just be himself.

"I've been through a lot and am really grateful to have you by my side... Is it too late to let you know I love you back?" She couldn't meet his eyes. There was this fear that it would not be enough for him to believe her.

It had been too long. Gray froze when he realized she finally said it back. There was already a strong connection between them, but Harley never verbally confirmed it, not wanting to put a strain on their so-called relationship. He slowly reached for her chin and gently tilted it so that she would look at him. Harley's eyes filled with apprehension.

He tried to reassure her. "I've been waiting for you to tell me that. Say it again."

Her cheeks grew hot. She couldn't say it now that they were having eye contact. It was too overwhelming for her.

"Say it again, Harley," he gently teased.

"I-I love you," she mumbled, hiding her face in his chest. How embarrassing!

Gray chuckled at her being bashful. He shared the same sentiment, "I love you."

Harley still needed to drop one last bomb. She hesitated, plucking up some courage. "There's more," she stammered weakly.

"More?"

"This is going to change everything," she nervously managed to say.

Gray was a little worried. What more did he want? They loved each other. Nothing could deter him from leaving. "You can't get rid of me easily."

She gingerly took both of his hands and guided them on her growing baby bump. She had been wearing bigger dresses, making it not obvious. It was evident that Gray didn't expect such a revelation. He didn't want to believe it at first. "Are you...?" he couldn't even finish his question.

She solemnly nodded.

"How far along?"

"Around 13 weeks."