♪ ii

Naninigas ang aking katawan (My body stiffens)Kapag umikot na ang plaka (When the record plays)Patay sa kembot ng beywang mo (I'm caught between the swaying of your hips)At pungay ng 'yong mga mata (And your tender stare)

Kapag umikot na ang plaka (When the record plays)
Patay sa kembot ng beywang mo (I'm caught between the swaying of your hips)
At pungay ng 'yong mga mata (And your tender stare)

Lumiliwanag ang buhay (Life gets brighter)
Habang tayo'y magkaakbay (While our arms are over the other's shoulder)
At dahang dahang dumudulas (And so carefully slipping)
Ang kamay ko sa makinis mong braso (Is my hand over your smooth arm)

Sana noon pa man ay sinabi na sa inyo (Wishing that you've been told a long time ago)
At kahit hindi na uso ay ito lang ang alam ko (So even if it's out of style, this is the only thing I know)
Magkahawak ang ating kamay (Our hands are held together)

At walang kamalay-malay (Without us noticing)
Na tinuruan mo ang puso ko (That you have taught my heart)
Na umibig ng tunay (How to truly love)

  Translation by: fallen-aster.blogspot.com

♡ ♡ ♡

|1999|

Harley didn't blink an eye throughout the night as she waited for Gray to come home from his biggest battle of the bands' competition he had entered with his friends in Batesville Arena. She was only fourteen then which meant that she was still underage to attend these types of event. The only thing that she could do was to wait in vain for his victory. His band only entered because they wanted more exposure, what it would feel like to see people's reaction to their music. Obviously, Gray wrote the music and composed it with his guitar and piano whenever he was in his room. He was also the lead guitarist of the band. The disappointment she felt when she couldn't see him perform was because it would have been her first time to see him on stage performing his own music. Sure, she always heard him play but they were usually his own cover of his favorite songs. He was quite intent on not letting her listen to some of the songs he wrote about her and the way he felt about their move to the middle of nowhere.

She didn't want to admit it at first but in their four years of being next door neighbors, they became close friends but, she knew, high school would happen. They grew apart, however, whenever Gray was home on a weekend, Harley would invade his space just to spend time with him and his music. Gray didn't really mind the company. He was fond of her but sometimes it hurts to see how their age difference made it so difficult to be with her. Ever since Gray held her the first time, he felt a little jolt in his heart. The sensation he would feel whenever she was around was like being electrocuted with shock and it paralyzed him whenever he made her smile. He had to admit that distancing himself from Harley would be the right thing to do. She was too young and he rooted for her to grow up just fine, not pressure her into maturity.