♪ x

The final boxes have been moved into her new room which was in her grandparent's house

The final boxes have been moved into her new room which was in her grandparent's house. It was a temporary solution to cut down some costs during her pregnancy. Harley didn't have to break a sweat while she sat comfortably on her bed while her father had helped carry all the heavy boxes out from her previous apartment. She started unboxing her things and tried to sort them out so she could place them around the room. It had been a challenge for her to adapt to the sudden changes that made her life a tumultuous mess. But, life had its way to give you enough reason to keep living.

Harley finally told him a few days after she broke the news to her grandmother. Gregor and Jenna didn't take the news too well when she sat them down during dinner. They were furious at how stupid they were for not using any protection. The sermon took place for half an hour until their utmost disappointment had settled in. Harley had been crying the whole time, feeling lost and alone.

She felt a hand on her shoulder as she continued to hide through her shame. Then, her dad spoke softly this time, "Harley, this was a lot to take in and we were just surprised. I'm sorry for blowing off like that."

Looking up, she saw that her father's gaze had softened. "I'm so sorry, dad. I just – I don't know what to do." She sobbed some more, feeling hopeless as it is.

"We're here for you, kid."

Jenna reached out and held her hand to try and comfort her. She had been treating her nicely which felt odd for the first few weeks. Growing up, her dad didn't much do a perfect parenting job since his late wife left him during Harley's birth. Nonetheless, he tried his best to be there and provide for her only daughter. Everything shifted when Gregor remarried, gaining an instant parent each to Sean and Harley. It didn't sit well with the family. The stifling tension in getting everyone together was a tough thing to adjust to. In the end, everyone should have realized that family was family. No matter the circumstances, they were bound together.

"Listen," Jenna started, "I know we haven't been a family but we will do everything we can to help out. Right, Greg?"

"Of course," he muttered.

With that assurance, Harley was able to release some of the pressure she felt. Now that her family knew, she could always count on them to be there for her. Jenna even offered to come with her during her check-ups.

She had applied to a number of jobs and for some reason, she ended up as a retail salesperson at a huge department store in Arkansas. Basically, all she had to do was to assist customers that were also expecting. She only had little knowledge with her pregnancy but her employer seemed to find it as an advantage for buyers to feel at ease while they shop for baby items. It was a good start to earn her own money to afford the things she needed for the little human. Harley was going to start on Monday. Right now, she had the weekend to move everything and settle.