♪ xii - end

||2006||

||2006||

Dreams were a way for people to wander off the boundary even if it was just for a little while, out from existing in their mundane lives.

It was like that for Harley when Gray had surprised her in Bates Record Studio. It used to be the place where she had to say goodbye to him a few years back. A memory that she wasn't so keen to reminisce over. However, he had rented the place before the New Year countdown. He wanted to at least let her remember more of the good times they had spent while Gray was home in Arkansas. As the minutes ran on the clock to strike at midnight, Gray had led Harley to the rooftop to see the explosive colors of the fireworks, welcoming the new beginnings of the year.

Harley had stood astounded as she watched all the glittery colors of the fireworks faded into the dark sky. For a moment, she was lead to believe that everything was going to be okay. Gray wrapped his arms around her shoulders, hugging her from behind.

"Happy new year, sunshine," he had whispered through her ear. He then snuggled closer and tightened his embrace around her.

"You too, Gray," melting into his arms as she savored the last few hours of them together.

He then reached for her hand and brusquely spun her around so he could face him. His hand languidly stroked her arm down until it reached for her hand. Holding on tight, Gray positioned himself to let their bodies sway into the soundless night as their music.

Chuckling in amusement, she had to ask, "What are you doing?"

"Giving you a proper dance that I owe," he grinned proudly.

"You actually don't owe me anything!" she laughed.

He just smirked and said, "Just shut up and dance."

The few minutes of dancing in circles made Harley gave out a breath. Being pregnant while dancing and laughing all at the same time was not a good mix but she hadn't felt this good in a long time. If happiness was with Gray then what was she scared of, right?

"Gray?" she gingerly called him out, "Is it too late for me to say that I love you back?"

He froze when he realized that she finally said it back. He knew that they felt the same way but she never verbally confirmed it, not wanting to put a strain into their so-called relationship.

"Say it again," he teased.

"I-I love you," she mumbled.

"Again."

Harley lowered her head in mortification, "Stop it! You're making things worse."

"Good enough," he chuckled happily, grabbing her by the face and fleetingly kissed her on the lips, "I love you too."

The rest of the night continued on and ended into a blissful dream.

But as dreams let people have control over the things they wanted to occur, it had to end eventually.