♪ i

Kamukha mo si Paraluman (You look like Paraluman)Nung tayo ay bata pa (When we were kids)At ang galing galing mong sumayaw (And you can dance so well)Mapa boogie man o cha cha (Be it Boogie or Cha cha)

Nung tayo ay bata pa (When we were kids)
At ang galing galing mong sumayaw (And you can dance so well)
Mapa boogie man o cha cha (Be it Boogie or Cha cha)

Ngunit ang paborito (But my favorite)
Ay ang pagsayaw mo ng El Bimbo (Is the way you dance the El Bimbo)Nakakaindak, nakakaaliw (Makes me dance, so entertaining)
Nakakatindig balahibo (Goosebumps-inducing)

Pagkaggaling sa eskwela ay dideretso na sa inyo (I would go straight to your house after coming back from school)
At buong maghapon ay tinuturuan mo ako (And you would be teaching me the whole afternoon)

Magkahawak ang ating kamay (Our hands are held together)
At walang kamalay-malay (Without us noticing)
Na tinuruan mo ang puso ko (That you have taught my heart)
Na umibig ng tunay (How to truly love)

  Translation by: fallen-aster.blogspot.com 

♡ ♡ ♡

|1995|

The 90s were the new era for pop culture. It was also the rise of multiculturalism and alternative media. It was uncommon for a child her age to be dancing to the tunes of classical ballroom music. Harley knew all the basic steps to Cha-cha and the Boogie-woogie. It was a form of dance her grandfather used to teach her when she was little. Her grandparents loved dancing. Every morning, before breakfast, they would pick up a record and start dancing to the playful tune around the house. When Harley was still a baby, her grandfather used to carry her and spin her around, letting her imitate the steps to the dance. As she grew up, Harley's interest in dancing made her take up ballet classes.

She mostly stayed with her grandparents because her father went to work during the day. Her mother, however, passed away when she gave birth to Harley. Dancing was the only thing that kept her busy from seeing all the negative tension she felt at home. Her father started seeing someone else and eventually married her who instantly gave her an older brother. Sean was okay. He was six years older than her. He would mostly ignore her at home and would interact when he needed something or when it was only necessary which was a good thing for Harley. She never really liked her new family. Her stepmother was a splendid actress. Whenever Harley's father was around, she was all nice and perky in front of the family. But as Gregor left the house to go to work, she would immediately turn into a malevolent enchantress.

Harley turned ten in the summer of 1995. She was having more ballet classes which meant that most of her time was spent in the studio. It was only a couple of blocks away from her house, using her bicycle to go there. In her free time, she would directly go to her grandparent's house to spend more time with them. Grandpa Frank was ecstatic to see her and Grandma Beth would always make sure that her cookie jar was full whenever she visited.