♪ xi

Breathe in

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

The tiny bathroom that came with her bedroom was smothering her as she hid for a few minutes to settle her frantic state of mind. Harley was heavily breathing, trying to control her nerves. She hadn't expected for Gray to show up at her grandparents' doorstep so early in the morning. Pausing for a minute, she was in deep thought, wondering if she had left some obvious signs that she was pregnant around her room. Hiding all her medication and vitamins, she shoved them all inside her mirror cabinet. She turned on the tap and splashed a handful of cold water to her face, soothing her recurring nausea.

Gray sat patiently on her made bed, grinning like a fool. He had been so excited to come home with no plans yet. The small town of Batesville didn't really have much to offer. They never really went out officially as a couple. The time spent together the last time he was home was mainly trapping themselves indoors. A drive to a different town might be a good idea. For now, they needed a huge breakfast to start the day.

The door creaked open as Harley put on a strained smile to her face. She had changed into a peach long sleeve shift dress and styled her hair into a messy top bun. Gray stood and appreciated the way she was looking adorable. With a charming smile, he said, "You look stunning."

She sincerely thanked him, "So, what are we doing today?"

"To be honest, I have no idea," he lightly laughed. "First things first though..."

Grabbing her by the arm, Gray pulled her closer, no longer wanting the distance between them. He lifted his hand, resting gently on her face as his eyes never left her soft brown ones. Their gazes lingered like it had been too long since they saw each other. The contact brought ease to Harley but at the same time, there was this small hint of dread found at the pit of her intuition, somewhat a ludicrous idea that this was one of the last time she would see him this close. All the negative thoughts that Harley harbored were set aside for the weekend. She could wallow back into her own problems when this was all over. For now, Gray was here and she needed him to give her the strength to endure all of it on her own.

"Hi," he murmured.

"Hey," she replied softly.

Without hesitation, Gray dragged his lips in a teasing manner from her forehead down to her soft lips. She remained still, taking pleasure in his gentle touch. He wounded his arms around her petite waist and gave her a tight embrace while he kissed her, properly this time.

 He wounded his arms around her petite waist and gave her a tight embrace while he kissed her, properly this time