♪ vi

Looking up at the tall gates, Harley gulped at the ominous atmosphere that drifted throughout the place

Looking up at the tall gates, Harley gulped at the ominous atmosphere that drifted throughout the place. She shivered when she felt the wind crept up at the back of her exposed neck. There was uncertainty in her step, debating whether she should go through with it or not. A heavy hand sat on her shoulder, making her jump from the contact. Remembering that Gray was with her made Harley sigh in relief. He gave her the comfort she needed and that was all that mattered.

"You don't have to do it if you're not comfortable yet," he murmured quietly.

She shook her head, "No. I have to."

Harley grabbed his hand, intertwining it together as she gave it a light squeeze for reassurance. Gray returned the gesture to let her know that he was there for her. She then let go and proceeded to go beyond the gates. It was something she had to do alone so she asked Gray to stay behind. The place was eerily quiet but somehow Harley could feel the serenity of it. It may be the place for the dead but it was also for people who grieved with longing for their loved ones. It symbolizes their presence which made people remember the life they lived whilst their heart beat strongly.

There was only one objective and that was to finally face Nate Erikson. After his funeral almost three years ago, Harley never visited his grave. It was too much for her to handle. The pain she felt only made it tougher to see him buried six feet under the ground.

"Nate," she whispered sadly when she finally saw his abandoned tombstone. Her heart twisted in pain when the weeds had grown around it. There were no signs of any visitation from his family or friends and that broke her. She fell on her knees, crying as she tried to take them all out.

When the weeds were all cleared out, Harley tried to catch her breath from the frustration and anger she felt. "I'm so sorry, Nate. I should have been there for you," she cried harder.

She cried for his pain, the loneliness he must have kept bottled up and for the life, he had to take away on his own. He was so young to even realize that there was still a good life that awaited him; if he only believed that everything was going to be okay. It always would. Eventually.

Nate, wherever you are, I hope you're in a better place now. I may not have found my purpose in this life yet but I hoped that you found some purpose with what we had together. If you found a bit of happiness in my company then I'm glad I took away some of that ache away. I lost you but you're never forgotten.

The visit had drained her immensely but it felt good in a way that she finally made her peace with Nate. She promised herself that she would visit him more often, might even bring him some flowers, she thoughtfully reminded herself. When she exited the cemetery, face dried from tears, Gray straightaway went in to hug her. He witnessed how she broke down in there as she cried her heart out. His mother always told him that crying was okay. It helped to discharge some of the unwanted feelings that had been suppressed for far too long.