♪ viii

With Gray's forlorn departure, Harley had to re-adjust her routine to keep her busy from missing him

With Gray's forlorn departure, Harley had to re-adjust her routine to keep her busy from missing him. She had taken more ballet classes during the week. Also, she started to visit her parents and grandparents' home almost every other day. Gray had encouraged her to reach out more so that she wouldn't always feel troubled and alone. Her family had welcomed her back with open arms which made Harley close to tears as she realized that she had ignored them for so long. They all understood what she had to go through and love her nonetheless. Even Jenna, her step-mother, was being genuinely pleasant to her. After everything, it finally felt right to have a family.

By the end of the day, a call from Gray was all she needed to not feel his absence. She just got home from a class. Dropping her duffel bag onto the coffee table, she went ahead towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. Her phone then rang, a tune that Gray had personally picked so she would know it was him that was calling. Scurrying to the living room, she rummaged through her bag and once she finally got a hold of her phone, she answered, "Hello?" Her voice was a little breathless from running the short distance from her small kitchen.

"Hey, you."

"Gray," she smiled and was relieved to hear his voice.

"Are you at home?"

"Yes."

"Have you eaten?"

"Ate a sandwich after class. I'll just probably head straight to bed. What about you?"

"I'm okay. Been worried about you. Don't skip meals."

Harley chuckled lightly, "Don't worry about me."

"I miss you, sunshine."

♪ ♫ ♬

♪ ♫ ♬

It wasn't usual for Harley to feel so worn-out these past few weeks. However, she needed to get up and do several classes today. The long walk to the studio was literally icy. Snow had finally covered the pavements and the wind made her cheeks freeze from the cold. She hurried inside the studio once she arrived, quickly warming herself inside the lockers.