Chapter 20

When Kai and Lillian awoke the next morning, they were welcomed by another sheet of rain pelting onto their window. The pillows were light and puffy and Kai was wrapped up by Lillian. Kai relaxed and took a few breaths as she enjoyed the feeling. Lillian began to shift as well and Kai was able to flip over so that she was looking at Lillian. She smiled and Kai slowly brushed the short blonde curls out of her eyes. Lillian gave a smile of gratitude and shifted a little.

"It's raining," Lillian sighed, her voice was low and raspy. Her eyes fluttered shut for a moment before they opened up again.

Kai laughed and replied with a low voice, "Yeah, I wanna go look really quick, see heavy and severe it is."

Lillian rolled onto her back and let out a deep sigh, "No stay in bed with me."

Kai laughed again and leaned on the top of her and gave her a quick kiss. When she pulled back she whispered, "I am not leaving forever don't worry, I will be right back."

Lillian smiled and replied with another kiss and said, "Okay."

"Okay," Kai smiled. Lillian reluctantly let her go from her grasp and Kai scooted herself out of the warm bed She hopped off and pulled on her cloak and shoes. She was instantly hit by the harsh cold of their room but continued towards the door nonetheless. The doorknob twisted opened and headed into the empty hallway. No one was there and the whole room was silent, except for the light pitter-patter of rain. She raced down the stairs and into the lobby. Behind the desk was the woman with brown hair, she was writing in her book and Kai was able to slide by with just a small smile.

She reached the door and slowly opened it up, and stepped outside. The wind was blowing and rain was pouring down. It was heavy and the grey sky showed it wasn't ending anytime soon. Kai got cold quickly and hurried back inside. She hurried past the desk in the lobby and up the stairs. She reached their room and hurried inside, quickly throwing off her shoes and cloak and she ran and fell on the bed.

Lillian laughed and rubbed her back, "Cold?" She asked.

"Yes," Kai mumbled into the comforter. She took a deep breath and then flipped onto her back, and stared at the ceiling. Lillian leaned down and gave her a quick kiss. Kai smiled and pulled Lillian against her chest.

"Good morning, Lilith." Kai sighed, as she looked down and Lillian. She didn't know why she added the nickname but she loved it. And by the look on Lillian's face, she did too.

Lillian smiled and a small blush grew on her face. She grabbed Kai's cheeks with her hands and said in a morning voice, "Lilith huh?" She kissed Kai and her smile grew. "I like it."

"I'm glad," Kai replied, she took a seat on the bed, which she knew was a mistake. Lillian leaned in and their lips pressed together again.

After a few minutes, Kai pulled back and smiled.

* * *

"Okay, so it is going to be raining all day," Kai started as she sat up from the bed, "And it is gonna be like hard rain, so we are going to have an inside day." Kai stood up and walked over to the sink, and she brushed her teeth.

Lillian crawled over to the sink as well and wrapped her arms around Kai's shoulder and waist. "Well, I for one don't mind having a day inside." Lillian smiled and rested her head on Kai's shoulder.

"Me neither," Kai agreed and finished her morning routine. Then she turned around and pulled Lillian back towards the bed. They laid down and Kai relaxed.

Lillian flipped to her side and Kai playfully rolled her eyes. "Are you really about to sleep?" Kai laughed.

Lillian laughed and responded by saying, "Yes, yes I am."