Chapter 22

They woke up the next morning, cuddled against each other. They were wrapped in the coves and surrounded by their bliss. They spent the morning cuddling and drifting in and out of sleep. They needed the time to recuperate from everything that happened the day before. They kept their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders and waist and nuzzled their heads into the crooks of their necks. Kai could feel the warmth radiating from Lillian and she had no plans on letting go anytime soon.

After they both were not drifting to sleep anymore, Kai leaned her forehead against Lillian's and took a moment of peace before heading for a kiss. However, before their lips touched, Kai felt a hand press against her chest and she was being pushed backward.

Lillian smiled and whispered, "You have morning breath." She laughed as Kai rolled her eyes. But Kai still strolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth, making sure to reach every inch with her minty toothpaste. She swirled some mouthwash and hurried back to bed. She snuggled under the covers and leaned towards Lillian again. She took a deep breath out and Lillian smiled.

She once again whispered, "Thank you," leaned in for a slow and passionate kiss. They stayed there in that position for a few minutes, continuing to kiss. Lillian wrapped her hands around Kai's thighs and pulled onto her hips. Kai smiled against her lips and wrapped her arms around Lillian's shoulder. One of her hands worked its way up into Lillian's hair. Lillian moved her hand around Kai's waist and began to run her hand up and down Kai's back. Every single one of their kisses was just as magical as their first. Lillian still smelled of vanilla and cherry, and her kisses still ignited something inside of Kai. They continued to kiss and let the moment take over their thoughts.

* * *

Kai had left the room to get the two of them lunch and she had stopped at a little sandwich shop across the street. She bought two ham and cheese sandwiches and a bag of chips to share. She began to walk back towards the hotel with the food in her hands. She saw families and children playing in the street and shopping, similar to the last town they had stayed in. There were smaller groups of kids running around on the gravel road and families talking amongst themselves on the sides. Kai smiled, she loved kids. Maybe if Lillian and Kai could get out they could adopt kids or maybe even a pet. That thought reminded Kai to work on their escape plan. She continued walking towards the hotel.

When she reached their room door, there was a small letter on the floor. She bent down and picked it up, it was addressed to her, and it was from the base. Kai rolled her eyes and her mood dropped. She opened the door and walked in with the food and the letter. When she walked into the room she saw Lillian laying on top of their made bed. She placed the food in front of Lillian and climbed on top of the bed. She sat crossed-legged in front of Lillian and focused on the letter still in her hands. Lillian started to unpack the food when she realized that Kai was focused on something else. Lillian looked at Kai and they made eye contact.

Kai didn't want to read it, she wanted to ignore them and focus on Lillian and spending time with her. She stared at the letter in her hand and her mind was fighting. Should she read it? Should she ignore it? Lillian places her hand on Kai's thigh and rubs it to give her some comfort. Kai lifted her eyes towards Lillian again and her mind settled. Kai realized that the only thing that mattered was Lillian. Lillian's eyes. Lillian's hair. Lillian's lips. Nothing else mattered to Kai than Lillian.

She stood up from the bed and walked over towards her bed and searched for the matches. She grabbed them and walked out the door with the letter and matches in her hand. She could hear Lillian's footsteps behind her and she turned around to give her a small smile.

"What are you doing?" Lillian asked. She laughed but confusion was spread across her face.

"You will see," Kai replied with a sly smile.