zero, prologue

TW // talk of abuse, talk of rape

»»----- - -----««

𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 the last thing her mother told her before she ran to her fathers apartment.

"I'm going out. And uh, I don't like your hair. Lose the cut. It makes you look like a boy. Get a wig or sum'."

Jasmine didn't care about what her mother thought of her newly cut hair. She didn't give two shits what anyone thought. Her fathers opinion was the only thing she cared about, 'cause he was one of the only people that cared about her.

"Yeah, you do that. Don't expect to see me when you get home. That's if you even do get home." Jasmine snapped back.

Her mother, Shannon Keene, does care for her daughter. Well, more like she did care for her daughter. She'd gotten so fucked up over the years that Jasmine wasn't even sure if Shannon knew she had kids anymore.

Shannon left quickly, ignoring Jasmine's comeback. Jasmine watched as she left, keeping her back to her brother.

Robby, her younger brother by 5 minutes stood by the couch, having watched the scene in silence.

"Don't tell me you're leaving?" Robby said, "You can't just leave." He walked closer.

Jasmine turned around to look her brother in his eyes.

"Robby, I have to. Dad will take care of me, I promise."

Robby walked to the kitchen counter, grabbing the only glass thing and slamming it on the ground. Jasmine jumped backwards.

"You think that dick can take care of you? He couldn't even bother to say goodbye when he left, and you expect him to let you into his 'humble home'?" Robby yelled.

"Don't talk about him like that! He's not as much of a dick as Shannon!" Jasmine yelled back.

"You call her Mom!"

"Then, you call him Dad!"

Things went silent as Jasmine and Robby stared at eachother back and forth, then at the mess of glass at their feet.

"Go, then." Robby said in a quieter tone, "Leave just like he did."

Jasmine started to tear up, "Don't think of me that way. Don't let that be the last memory you have of me before I go."

"Then just don't go." Robby breathed out, staring Jasmine in the eyes, "We can do this together. We always have." His voice broke.

Jasmine couldn't get any words out, exept for, "You just don't understand, Robby. This whole thing is more dangerous than you know. I wish I could explain it all to you, now. But, I just can't."

Robby nodded angrily, "Fine. I get it, y'know. Of course, this all makes so much sense." He said sarcastically with a fake laugh, "Just go, Jas. Oh, and, uh, don't listen to what mom said. Keep the hair. But, she wasn't wrong about the boy part."

Robby then left the house, leaving Jasmine standing there. She started grabbing clothing as soon as she could bring herself to become exactly what she feared she would: