ten, first love

"Yeah! Cobra Kai training is going really well." Aisha tells Jasmine as they walk down the hallways of West Valley High with their shoulders basically touching.

"That's good, Ai." Jasmine smiled, "I'm glad it's going at all."

"What do you mean?" Aisha wonders after we stop at my locker.

"I mean, I'm surprised my dad hasn't broke you yet. He already got to E- Hawk." Jasmine stuffed a few books in her locker and replaced them in her grasp.

"Oh. Yeah. I get that. But I'm tough. He couldn't get to me if I tried." Aisha laughed, spreading the affection to the tall blonde girl. Suddenly, Aisha's laughter stopped, which caused Jasmine to turn around from her locker to see why.

"Oh, hey Miguel!" The girls say in unison. Miguel greets them back with his stupid smile.

"Hey, Aisha. Jasmine." He starts, "Um, Aisha, I was wondering if I could have a second to myself with Jasmine."

Jasmine's a bit confused, but goes along with it she  anyways. Aisha agrees and says her goodbyes before leaving the scene. Miguel readies himself before going straight into his question.

"So, J, I've been wondering for a while, but are you dating anyone?"

Jasmine laughs nervously, "Um, not that I know of."

"Oh, good." Miguel tells her, "Oh! Not like, it's good that you can't get a partner, because I'm sure you can! Of course you can. You're gorgeous and you're sweet, and you are a great friend. And you take of children so well. I've never seen you with a bad hair day. Your clothes are always neat. You dad is fricking badass, and so are you."

Oh.

Oh.

Jasmine's quiet for a moment so she can take all of what he said in. But she understood then. Why he was always so nervous around her. Why she was around him.

"Miguel, I-"

"No, I'm sorry. It's just... you make me so happy to be around. You make the days more bearable. I... like you, Jasmine." Miguel sighs, looking at her with his puppy dog eyes.

"Miguel." Jasmine said. He scrunched his eyebrows. He didn't even have time to be confused before the girl he had liked since he moved to West Valley wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him lightly, trying not to freak Miguel out. He obviously pulled her in, attempting to understand his wants without suffocating his first love.

First love? Now, lets not get ahead of ourselves, Miggy. There's still four seasons left and a promising sixth.

When Jasmine finally pulled away, it was at the sound of the bell ringing. Miguel laughed, seemingly out of breath.

"So, um, originally I came here to ask if you wanted to go to the new Mexican restaurant on Geneva Boulevard? Would you like to go-"

"Miguel. We just made out. Of course I'd like to go with you." Jasmine giggled pulling him in for a quick peck before running off to next period, "See you tonight, Migs!"

"See you! I'll text you details!" Miguel yelled down the hallway.

***

Jasmine happily slid on her shoes while Julie ran over the date.

"So, you're going golfing, then to eat, then just ending the night?" Julie questioned, crossing her arms.

"Well, yeah." Jasmine laughed, brushing out her hair, "I already have one kid, Jules. A simple date is all right with me. I promise."