six, something with miguel

The night after the dance was almost just as chaotic as the dance itself. Carmen could barely look at Jasmine. Not only was Johnny blamed for Miguel getting in the fight, but Jasmine was blamed for Miguel having the guts to fight back. Apparently, Jasmine was a 'bad influence', or some shit like that.

'Maybe it's for the best if you just stay away from my son. And the same for your father.' Carmen had said with gritted teeth.

'Right.' Jasmine responded bitterly.

And when the time came for Jasmine to go back to school, she did everything in her power to stay away from Miguel, which basically meant staying away from Miguel, Demetri, and Eli.

So, yeah, the dance wasn't exactly the highlight of her new school year.

Honestly, the only good thing anymore is Naya.

Jasmine walked through the hallways, dodging the eyes of every person who looked her way, which was suprisingly many people. It must have been the fact that she was walking alone.

"Hey, Jasmine." A voice said sweetly from behind Jasmine as she closed her locker. Jasmine turned around and saw a smiling Honey and a nervous Aisha.

"Aisha, Honey." Jasmine greeted them, "How have your mornings been?"

The three walked to their seperate classes together, telling eachother about their mornings and weekends.

The day was shorter than Jasmine thought it was. It was like, wherever she went, Miguel was there to watch her every move. She knows Miguel just wanted to talk with her, but she really didn't want any more trouble with Carmen.

Even at lunch, Jasmine sat outside on a bench and tried to take a nap. And in that short amount of time, Jasmine met Kingston Casnoff.

"That's a horrible name." Jasmine joked.

"I know," He laughed, "but call me KC."

"KC, alright." Jasmine smiled, staring at the sky, "You, uh, go to school here? I haven't seen you around?"

KC sighed, "Yeah, I just moved here. I'm living with my sister and my dad. My mom, she.."

Jasmine got that. It was a common occurence with most teenagers.

"Yeah, I get it. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Jasmine said, "Do I know your sister?"

"Maybe. Her name is Yasmine."

Jasmine's eyes widened, "What?"

"Oh," KC gave a small laugh, "so, you do know her?"

"I mean, she bullied me and all of my friends, I'm pretty sure she's a homophobic racist, and she's been in, like, everything that this town does for 'fun', and her dad is always the main sponsor."

"Ah, sounds like Yasmine, for sure."

Jasmine was kind of confused. Why would someone related to Yasmine actually be talking to me? Is this some sort of trick?

"Yasmine is a bitch. Always has been. Everyone hates her. But she's actually not that bad if you get to know her. She's accepting of mostly everyone, but Mason, my Dad is, like, not. He does a lot to make sure Yasmine keeps her Rep." KC explained.

"Mm." Jasmine hummed, "Well, she hates me and my friends, and she seems pretty genuine when she screams at us."

KC laughed, "Think of her as Mega Mind or Shrek. Then, you'll understand."

Jasmine snorted, throwing her hands to her face almost immediately. KC followed after her in a fit of giggles.

"I wish I could make fun of my brother without getting back-handed or yelled at. Gods, we haven't had an actual brother-sister moment since we were seven." All the laughing stopped.