✧ dream team ─ cookies

you weren't exactly sure how they came to be or how they ended up on your doorstep in a picnic basket, but the poor little creatures needed someone to take care of them.

who's going to do that?
you.

you place the basket on top of your dining table and pry open the side of the basket to check on them, the tiny creatures were shivering, either from the cold or they were scared, or both.

making sure the side of the basket doesn't close, you go around the kitchen for something they could eat.

after a few minutes of searching, you settled on chocolate chip cookies and hoped the creatures weren't allergic to the food.

grabbing the cookie jar and a small plate, you head back to the table and what you see nearly made you drop what you were holding.

all three of the tiny creatures escaped the basket they were in and currently, two of them were helping the other from falling off the ledge of the table with their little... puff hands.

swiftly, you put the cookie jar and the plate beside the basket before setting both of your hands below the blob creature with clout goggles. the said blob looked below themselves, then at you, before almost hesitantly falling into your hands.

you gently place the blob back on top of the table, immediately the two other blobs attacked their friend with worried hugs and worried... meowing or squeaking, one of the two.

turning your attention back to the cookie jar, you opened it, putting the lid aside and grabbed a cookie, putting it on the plate before closing the jar again.

you gently nudged the plate with your finger towards the three blobs, who were eyeing you the whole time, they looked at the plate before looking back at you. one of the blobs that had a white bandana wrapped around their head trudged towards the plate and sniffed the cookie before nodding to their friends.

you watched as the three of them took little bits of the cookie and shoved it right into their mouths. the blob that didn't have an accessory on them, suddenly jumped and hopped towards the cookie jar.

"do you want more?" you quietly asked them and the tiny being, seemingly understanding your words, nodded before hopping around the cookie jar, the other two soon doing the same.

a small laugh escaped your lips from their actions before opening the cookie jar again and taking two cookies out and placing them on the plate.

tiny squeaks, assumingly from joy, came from the three before they hopped back to the plate and picked up a cookie with their puffball hands and slowly trudged towards you.

"for me?..."

the three nodded with little smiles on their faces causing you to smile back, gently taking the cookie from them, they squeaked again before hopping back to the plate to munch on their cookie.