✦ nihachu ─ paper

thank you for 19.6k reads and 1k+ votes! I'm really glad y'all are enjoying this book :D

thought of this one when editing the "when you go out" scenario and reading back the little misdeed's one-shot. teamwork 👏

where is this creativity coming from? I need it to do schoolwork.

after what happened a few days ago, you still weren't able to find the hats

after what happened a few days ago, you still weren't able to find the hats. you were legitimately following the little guy and you somehow lost him.

damn it.

sighing, you strolled towards the living room and sat down on the sofa. on the cloth covered coffee table, sat foolish and fundy, trying to fold paper airplanes. you smiled before looking for the third marshmallow that would usually be folding origami papers. she was nowhere in sight causing you to hum in thought.

a folded structure blocks your view and you see a paper folded helicopter. "i thought you guys were folding airplanes?" you quietly asked before carefully grabbing the chopper. looking at their faces, they had this smug and "mischievous" look. "what's with that face?"

taking a closer observation at the aircraft to see if they doodled or attached anything onto it, nothing was out of the ordinary. placing it on the table, you praised them for their work and they squeaked as thanks, even hugging your hand with their whole body. fundy lets go and scurries to grap another short piece of paper, along with a pen, foolish notices and hops away from the hug.

both you and the shark golem hybrid patiently watch the fox and he eventually finishes writing. he turns the paper so you can read the writing, it only says, niki?

"where's niki?" fundy nods and foolish nods after, you snicker slightly at this. "i'll go look."

rising from your spot, you begin with the kitchen.

"niki?" you call out for the third time while walking up the stairs

"niki?" you call out for the third time while walking up the stairs. after checking the kitchen, the supply closet and even the bathroom, the only rooms that were left were yours and the guest room. you swear, your tiny roommates are just unintentionally playing hide and seek sometimes.

hearing a squeak from the guest bedroom, you grab and twist the knob of the door, entering. there, you see a very messy room. all sorts of papers were scattered on the floor, even a notepad and a pen, safety scissors... and a hat. it's the exact one wilbur recently stole.

avoiding the papers as to not slip, you sat on the edge of the bed and look at the other side of it and your eyes widened once seeing a bunch of hats. you checked here a couple of days prior, did wilbur blob decide to change the stash's location and put them here?

feeling something or rather someone tug at the bottom of your shirt, you turn your head to face niki and she had dragged an origami hat. knitting your eyebrows together, you look back and forth between the paper hat and then the ones on the floor.

sensing your confusion, blob niki tumbles and rolls towards the notepad, struggling for you to see the page it was on. picking it up to save her the trouble, you read the messy handwriting. "grab hat four referens"... they only needed one hat, then, right? wilblob, what the duck? he stole like... looking back down at the pile, you quietly counted the hats. nine? i have nine - well, ten now - hats in this house?

putting the notepad down, you carefully pick up the folded bucket hat on the guest bed and wear it. oversized, but it fits anyway. blob scrambled up your leg and sat on your lap, looking up at you and squeaked in a questioning tone. "yes, i love it, niki. thank you."

right on cue, wilbur walked in with a plastic hourglass in their puff hands. he had this dopey smile on his face and you found it quite adorable, yet you felt annoyed by it. for some reason, niki rushed down and aimed to get the hourglass away from him.