★ Chp. 4 ★

✯

____________________________________

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
____________________________________

My eyes start to pry open as I feel no motion in the, supposed to be moving vehicle. As my eyes adjust to the light I look at the radio clock and it reads 10:30am on the dot. As I look out the window to the right of me I'm greeted with gas pumps and one or two other cars. I look over to my left to see if Drew is in the car and he is not. I assume he's in the shop portion of the gas station and grabbing snacks or paying to pump gas into his van. A few moments later the driver side door opens and Drew opens the door standing.

"Good morning sleeping beauty," Drew says as he smirks and looks back down into the plastic bag he has in his hands.

"Shut up Drew," I reply sarcastically to his comment and rub my eyes.

"I didn't want to wake you so I grabbed you some water and some chips," Drew says as he handed me the items he retrieved.

"Oh, thank you Drew!" I reply taking the items as a slight rose tint stains my cheeks. He really is considerate but also snarky as ever. I look back over too him as he puts his items in the cup holder.

"Oh I forgot to mention, Ed and Lorraine are gonna meet us here real quick so we know where we're going!," Drew says as he hopes back into the car.

"Okay!"

As we sit and chat about our favorite drinks and snacks Ed and Lorraine eventually arrive. Me and Drew get out of the car and walk over to there AMC Ambassador SS. Ed gets out of the driver seat and walks over to Drew as I pick up my pace over to Lorraine.

"Oh hi sweetie!" Lorraine says as she sees me.

"Hello Lorraine how is the drive for you?" I ask.

"It's okay, just a tad bit to long," she states as she gets out of the car.

"I feel you on that one."

"So how has the ride with Drew been?" Lorraine asks.

"It's, it's been nice. He's funny and he also got me some snacks!" I reply to her question as I feel some heat on my cheeks. I decided not to mention the nicknames he has given me or how we keep making eye contact.

"Ooo, are you sure you guys have nothing going on?" Lorraine questions as she chuckles a bit than looks at me as my cheeks start to be covered with the oh so familiar roses tint.

"Nothing is going on Lorraine," I say as I roll my eyes playfully.

"Okay okay sweetie," Lorraine says as she pats my back.

As Lorraine excuses herself to go use the restroom Ed and Drew continue to talk. Ed eventually called me over and explained what Lorraine saw and some things the family says has happened. As Ed starts to explain what Lorraine saw my heart stops, so it wasn't just me being overly nervous, it's the land it's self. My demur of listening changes to nervousness. Drew keeps looking over at me with a confused and worried look.

"Hey, y/n you okay?" Drew asks.

"Um yeah." I reply but as I look at him I look back down to the ground and start to fiddle with the sleeves of my shirt.

"Are you sure?" Drew asks.

"Y/n are you sure your okay," Ed asks as he grabs my shoulder lightly.

"Um, um," as I stutter debating on wether I tell them what happened or not. I did not want to worry Drew and Ed but they deserve too know.

"Y/n, are you okay," Ed says a little bit more seriously this time but with reassurance.

"No, kind of," I finally break.

"Are you okay! Do you need water or need to lie down, do you just ne-," Drew starts to ramble with a more worried look spread on his face.

"Drew it's fine, it's not like that. It's something that happened the other night," I say.

Lorraine starts to walk back up. She asks what Drew what's wrong as Ed starts to rub my back. Drew catches her back up to pace and Lorraine looks at me with a sympathetic and worried look.

"It's just the other night before Lorraine called and before I went to sleep I got a sense of Evil and fear. As you, Ed was informing me about what you saw just confirms my thoughts," I say as my eyes start to have small tears in them.
After last time with Lorraine I don't want anything to happen to her. My anxieties start to make my heart race, what if someone gets hurt, what if this case makes us drift apart, what if, what if, WHAT IF. As a small tear rolls down my cheek Drew walks over to me and hugs me as Ed and Lorraine follow up doing as well. My face was now partly dry so we said our goodbyes for now until we reach the house. Drew and I walk back over too his van and he opens my door for me. As I sit down and look at him he cups my right cheek.

"Y/n it's going to be okay, if you need to talk over the trip I'm here," Drew says as he looks at me and smiles with his usual contagious smile.

I put my hand over his and look at him. His smile makes me start to grin a small bit and I say.

"Drew thank you, now let's get this show on the road."

"Yes ma'am," Drew says as he closes my door softly and walk to his side and hops in. Before he starts to drive again he looks at me with his stupid snarky smile and than hit the gas petal.

____________________________________
᪥OKAY OKAY OKAY STUFFS HAPPENING! Idk what car Ed and Lorraine drive so I just used that. I hope you enjoyed᪥