★ Chp. 6 ★

✯

____________________________________

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
____________________________________

Me, Ed, and Drew walked into the house with the equipment as Lorraine and Brad followed behind. Since I had not met the family before, Lorraine briefly introduced me as I waved and went down the hallway. Ed got a step stool and started setting up some motion trackers and bells on the doors. I walked over to Drew so we could start setting up and getting the cameras ready. As me and Drew went to grab a bag our hands brushed each other and the rose tint returned to my cheeks once again. Drew walked into the hallway and started setting up a light. As I was getting more stuff out my eyes kept drifting over to him. He was so cute when he's focused. Eventually he looked back at me and sent a smirk my way, I looked away then.

"Once your done with these head up stairs," Ed said to Drew as he turned around to face him.

"Okay," Drew quickly replied with as he finished up on the current light he was working on.

    I walked over to the stairs and saw Drew down the hall. Me and him made eye contact and smiled. I than went up stairs with more equipment. I went into the room where we were focused on setting up first. As I entered Brad is setting up a light.

"Oh, hi Brad!" I said politely.

"Hi y/n," Brad replied as he looked at me.

"Hey y/n quick question," Drew said

"Um yes?" I replied with

"You and Drew a thing?" Brad asked right off the bat.

"Um, um no we are not," I replied even though the way we act could paint us as a couple. Well I mean it wouldn't be bad if we were.

"Okay okay," Brad said as he chuckled and went back to the light he was working on.

    I started to set up a camera as Drew walked into the room. He looked at Brad then me and smiled. He put a bell on the handle of the door than walked out to do the same to the other doors. Then it was a repeat pattern. We would go into each separate room and set up cameras, lights, microphones, motion trackers, and bells. Every time Drew set up a bell he made sure he flicked it softly so it made a sound.
    As we finished setting up the equipment we all headed down stairs to rest for the small amount of time we could. Ed and Roger went outside to set up a camera by the tree by the water. Lorraine went over to Carolyn and started talking about how the person who cursed the land did so and why. That left me, Brad, and Drew to ourselves. We started to talk about random stuff until the oldest daughter of Carolyn and Roger came in, from what I remember her names was Andrea. She started asking questions about what is was like to deal with all of the scary stuff. She was kind. Andrea started to ask about some of the equipment we were using, Drew and I explained some of it to her.