★ Chp. 5 ★

✯

____________________________________

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
____________________________________________

   As the roads become bumpy and the trees become more thick me and Drew can tell the house is closer. The spot was nice, the sky was rather clear. The radio is turned down low but the noise of the song is calm in the background. Drew rolled down his window a little bit, the breeze felt nice. I looked over to him as he tapped the steering wheel to the beat of the music as he slightly mouthed a few words of the song. It was cute. He would occasionally look over to be and shoot me a quick smile.
As the final minutes end as we pull up to the house I instantly feel bad, to the point I feel it physically. It is not like I was ill but like the feeling you get in your gut when you know you've done something wrong. The sense of fear waves over me again, not my own but the lands fear of what has happened and is happening in the premises. As pass by a tree next to a lake I feel nasty and gross. Not because of the view but of the fact something washes over me and that the nature was even rejecting the tree. As I stare at the tree the sound of Drew's voice brings me out of a trance.

"Y/n, y/nnnn," Drew says as he drags out my name to get my attention.

"Um, yes Drew?" I reply coming out of my trance.

"You doing okay?" Drew asks.

"Yeah, yeah just this land, this house is just off." I reply to his question.

"You can talk to me about it unless you don't want to that's completely fine!" Drew says as he gets a slight rosy tint to his cheeks.

"Drew," I say putting my hand on top of his in the arm rest of his seat, "I'll be okay"

Drew looks at me and smiles. I sit back into my seat as Drew parks the car. As he's parking I think about our longing gazes and touches, Drew is super nice. I'm for sure falling for him, but I don't want to ruin the friendship we have right now. Over this car ride to the house it's been nice.
As Ed and Lorraine park in front of us, me and Drew get out of his van. Ed and Lorraine shortly after do the same but with there car. Ed walks over to the sliding door of the van and opens it to reveal of the the tech equipment. As I look in behind Ed to see what is in the van, another car pulls up. A man with sunglasses on and a red jacket comes out of the driver side and walks up to where Ed, Lorraine, Drew, and I were standing.

"You find it okay?" Ed asks the gentleman who had just exited his car.

"Oh yeah," the man reply's with.

"Oh, Drew, Y/n, this is officer Brad," Lorraine says as the man, now known as Brad walks up to me and Drew. Brad introduces himself formally to me and Drew.

"Oh, nice to meet you man," Drew says as he grabs one of the snacks he picked up earlier and starts to take a bite out of it.

"So your the lucky new cop, right," Drew says.

"Guess so," Brad says has he smirks.

"You know you can't shoot ghosts right," Drew says as he looks at me and back to Brad.

I let out a small giggle right as Ed says, "Take it easy on him Drew," than he goes back to looking at the equipment.

"Okay guys help me get this stuff unloaded," Ed asks.

Drew pats Brad in the back before looking over at me and winking knowing he did so after hearing me giggle. Drew than walks over to help Ed unload the equipment. I than walk over to the van and do the same not long after I playfully punch Drew and chuckle. Before he grabs the equipment he had in front of him he grabs his arm and says "ow," just like before the escapade had started.