Four

Their meeting ended about ten minutes later. The Prime Minister went over the rules thoroughly and she also gave them a list of everything they'd send for them to rebuild Asgard. They also discussed what would become of the Asgardians.

There was an old and abandoned village close to where Thor specifically requested and where the Asgardians were now named Tønsberg. It was the oldest village in the country. The Prime Minister offered to rebuild that town instead of building something up from zero.

Seeing how close it was to the field, Thor agreed. Layla had no idea whatsoever why Thor was insisting on that particular area. But both parties mutually agreed to rename the village into New Asgard.

Furthermore, all the inhabitants of the village would be given Norweigan citizenship. Thor didn't think anyone would leave but he was open to it. At least, it now provided Asgardians with some kind of protection in Earth terms.

Thor even signed on an agreement and Layla had no idea what he signed. Did Thor even have to sign something before? Did they have signatures in Asgard?

And she had to admit, bitterly, that Loki was really good at diplomacy. Better than her. She was the one who was supposed to smooth things over but he had done it. He was the one who convinced the government to help them rebuild, send supplements, give Asgardians the citizenship. Everything.

They walked out of the building. Loki strayed away from them toward a car. Layla's eyes were on him. What was he doing? Did he honestly think he could just go and get the car?

"I think it went well, wouldn't you say so?" Thor asked her. She shrugged, still fixated on Loki. "Yeah, you at least managed a decent farewell," she murmured. "You underestimate me, Lady Wilson,"

Loki stopped in front of the car. One of the officials walked out of the building and hurried to his side. Then he handed him a set of keys. Layla was watching the whole thing in confusion. She hurried to him.

"Oh, hell no. What did you do?" she hissed at him. He grinned. "You wouldn't want to walk all the way back, now, do you, Wilson?"

She furrowed her brows. "What did you do? Is this some kind of spell?" she asked. He gave out a long breath. "You underestimate my abilities with words. I am good at diplomacy,"

"You talked about this with the Prime Minister? To give you a car, you can teleport!" she said. Thor patted her back. "Good work, brother," he said. Loki smiled back at his brother.

Then he turned back to Layla. He had a mischievous smile. "I got us a car. You were the one who said we needed to get used to cars and Midgardian way of living just this morning,"

He then lifted the keys within her reach. "Both Thor and I have only flown airships. Or he simply flew and I teleported like you wisely reminded. I'm assuming we can learn to master this machine but not today,"

"Not today," she echoed, grabbing the keys. She couldn't believe it. He had gotten them a car, without any charge. She wondered about how they'd fill the gas up but she let it go. She was sure Loki had something up his sleeve for that as well.

Thor laughed. "Great. Let us return to our people then," They all got inside the car and she started driving.

Perhaps the only good thing about the metal chain she had on her was that it provided her with internet everywhere. Since the thing needed to be online for the government to keep tracking her, it had its own connection. With that Layla was able to open GPS and find the directions to where the Asgardians were.

The drive took almost the same amount of time. About five minutes in Loki changed back to himself. "Did I behave well, Wilson?" he smirked, looking outside of the window, trying to seem nonchalant.