Five

It had been a week since Layla arrived.

Like promised, the next morning they woke up, supplements had arrived. There was everything. From things to re-build buildings, to reparate them. There was new fishing equipment, from rods to nets and containers for them.

There was also food, the long-lasting kind. Cans and boxes of things that wouldn't go bad. Later in the day, another shipment arrived with appliances and furniture. Ovens, washing machines, dishwashers, fridges, beds, couches, and wardrobes. There were a bunch of clothes as well.

Asgardians and Layla had gotten to work immediately. They started working on the buildings, to fix them up. She wasn't that sure of what she was doing but Val seemed knowledgeable on it and she oversaw all of it.

They even started working on a large building that had collapsed. Thor wanted to renovate it into a town hall of some sort where everyone could come together for events and be together as a whole.

"You know, if you're going for full village life, you might as well acquire some animals," Layla said when they had sat down for lunch for that day. "Animals? Excellent idea," Thor smiled. "I love animals,"

She smiled and continued to eat. "We'll see what we can do about it," she replied. "If we can get animals, I want booze," Val said. Thor gave him a look. "What?" she shrugged, "I drink for pleasure too,"

"I don't think they'll give us alcohol. It's not a survival necessity," Layla said, "But maybe we can go into town and get some?"

Hulk plopped down next to them. "Hulk bored!" he said. "Hulk wants to smash," They all turned to him. She saw Loki looking just a little bit alert.

No one could stand Hulk smashing right about now. They had just barely made the village into a livable place. "Hulk, no!" Thor said sternly. "No smashing," He was talking to Hulk as if he was scolding a child. "But! No fun!"

"We'll get you something to smash big guy. Not now, okay?" Val asked her. "Fine," Hulk huffed. Well, that was interesting, to say the least.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. She took it out. It was a message from Tony. Check-in in two hours? She typed back a positive reply and returned to lunch.

Right after they were done eating Val asked Layla to help her. She needed to hold one of the houses together with her powers while she and some Asgardians re-strengthened the structure of it. 

"That was good," Val said once that house was done. "Yeah? Thanks," she murmured, "Didn't do the heavy work. Those are all on them," she said and pointed to the Asgardians. Val grinned. "I'm glad you said that, we have a couple more to go,"

They did have a couple more to go. More than a couple. She had to text Tony to postpone the check-in for a few hours.

He said okay after sending a sassy gif. It wasn't the first time she had to postpone check-ins when she was on an assignment.

But one thing that got her head unfocused was what she witnessed when they were working on the third house. It was one of the ones closer to the center of the village. She had seen children all around Loki.

He wasn't doing anything sinister, not even remotely close. He was putting an illusion, to a story. From the little she gathered, she supposed it was an Asgardian fairytale. But the kids seemed to be enjoying that.

She was now walking back to her room, or house, she supposed. She was sharing with Val for the time being. They, The Revengers, had all moved in together, in houses next to each other. But since Layla wouldn't be a permanent residence, Val offered to share.