Seventeen

Layla had gone back to not being able to sleep.

Every time she closed her eyes she had nightmares. They varied. Some were horrible things about her family. Some about the rest of the team being captured.

Some were the Avengers as a whole, dead at the hands of Thanos. Granted, she didn't know what he looked like so he was always a dark figure in her dreams but it didn't change the context.

And some were about Loki. About the vision he had shown her two days ago, him being threatened. She saw the guy threatening him torturing him. Sometimes doing even worse things.

It was just overall very bad up in her mind, to say the least.

Loki was still sleeping when she decided she wasn't going to be able to fall asleep and left the bed. She had sat down on the couch, in the dark, and just got lost in her thoughts.

Ever since Supergiant attacked, she had this uneasy feeling inside. She could feel it in her gut that there was more to come. And she felt guilty over not saying something to anyone about it.

If Thanos or one of his other people attacked, people would surely get hurt. And she had the chance to stop it or at least inform people in charge so they could be prepared.

But there would be consequences of saying something. The first place they chose to attack was New Asgard. It could fall on the Asgardians and Thor and they could lose their new home. More, they also wanted Loki too and it was promised that Loki wouldn't cause any trouble.

She was sent to make sure Loki wouldn't cause any trouble. She didn't really care about how that would look on her one bit, but she did care about how it affected Loki's image.

He was changed and he was doing better. Something like this wouldn't make Earth trust him more.

She just didn't know what to do. On one hand lay her duties and responsibilities and on the other, people she came to care very much about. She hated moral dilemmas.

"Darling," a soft murmur reached her ears.

She opened her eyes slowly. She had fallen asleep on the couch, crouching. "Sorry," she muttered as she straightened up. "Must've passed out,"

"This is the third night in a row where you haven't been able to sleep properly," he sighed. "I don't like seeing you like this,"

She licked her lips. "I haven't been sleeping properly for a long time, don't worry,"

"Maybe I shouldn't have told you all those things. That's why you can't sleep, isn't it?" he muttered roughly.

She turned to him on the couch. "No. Don't ever say that. I'm happy that you shared those things with me. They aren't things to be carried alone,"

"But it makes you like this,"

"Yeah, but I'll get over it. I got over a lot of things, I can manage this too. Do you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you're worth dealing with these things and getting over them. These things are a part of your past and I can't ignore them. I'll deal with it, okay?"

He stayed silent for a moment. But the warmth that spread all over his face, the little smile tugging on his lips, yes, he was truly worth it.

"You'll really be the death of me,"

She broke out a smile. "That's the only kind of dying talk I'll accept,"

Then, she leaned forward and kissed him. It wasn't the kiss itself but the sensation of kissing him like this, slow and emotionally, that got her to relax.  He left one last kiss on her lips after she pulled away.