Eleven

TW: Islamaphobia, Alcohol

A week later, Layla was on her way back to New Asgard.

The sub-assignment had taken longer than she anticipated. The people she was sent after were better at covering up their tracks than she had imagined.

She had gotten to them eventually. There had been a big fight but she had managed. She always did. She was now on another jet, flying back to Norway.

Layla would have loved nothing more than to use that opportunity to get some sleep but her ever so precious tracker had been damaged during the fight.

It usually pulled through but it had been two years and even though the things Tony produced were high quality, they were bound to get into trouble sometimes.

So, she was sat inside the jet while an engineer was working on it. She was honestly just glad it didn't cause trouble for her, that they didn't accuse her of doing it on purpose.

She sat down silently and waited until the job was done.

Luckily, just after a few minutes the engineer finished her job and asked Layla to be careful next time, the jet landed. She grabbed her bag, threw it over her shoulder, and started walking.

For some reason, she didn't want to come back. Well, she did but she also didn't. Because she knew there would come a time soon where she would have to leave permanently. And the more time she spent here... it didn't do her any good.

Val was standing on the field, one hand on her hip. "You look rough,"

"Yeah," she replied. There were a few scratches around her face because of the fight. She had worse before. "You're up early,"

"Yeah, had some things to sort through. Well, what are you waiting for? Tears and balloons? Come on, I need you,"

Layla furrowed her brows. "I thought construction was done, plus, I've been gone a week,"

Her friend let out a long exhale. "Yeah, everyone kind of got it at the party. We continued until dawn, you know, Asgardian culture,"

"Anyway, it took us two days for everyone to get rid of their hangover. Once we did, you already know Asgardians are prone to destruction when they're drunk, right?"

Layla nodded her head. Thor and Loki smashing their glass and then the rest continuing to do the same popped up in her head.

"I honestly have no fucking idea how many times we have to build this place," Val groaned.

She couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. "Come on, it can't be that bad!"

Val stopped walking and gave Layla a look. "Alright then, let's go check out how the chickens are doing,"

When they did, it was enough to say Layla did believe Val now. "What the hell happened?"

Val shrugged. "Turns out, Hulk is a sloppy drunk,"

"What? Are the chickens all right? Please, tell me they are,"

"Yeah, yeah. They all ran away when the big guy made his way over to them. He says he wanted to pet them but you know chickens... Anyway, we made something temporary for them. But I'd really like it if you did your trick and built the hut and the fences again,"

She nodded. "Okay, uhm, I actually haven't slept in two days. Can I at least get a cup of coffee before?"

"I was hoping you'd bring that up," Val smirked. "Come with me,"

They walked through the village. By then, most people had a responsibility of their own and it seemed like, besides the building, normal life was settling in.