Flashback

"Honey I'm back!" I call out.

"Welcome back, how was it, did you kill anything?" My wife asks me.

"Yeah, I have it cooking outside." I reply.

I set my rifle against the wall.

"John...I've been getting really nervous lately." My wife tells me.

"Why, it's pretty safe here. There's nothing here that can hurt us." I say trying to reassure her.

"I've been hearing something walk around the house, and I've been hearing howling. When I check outside I see human footprints. I'm worried that there is something out there." She says holding back tears.

Suddenly the sound of running, howling, and animal cries rang through the forest.

"Get Wolfsbane." I tell her.

She hurries up the stairs and comes back down handing me Wolfsbane.

"When I leave lock the door, don't open the door unless you hear my voice. Do you understand?" I ask her.

"Yes." She replies nervously.

I open the door and a monster jumps on me trying to bite into my neck. I struggled with getting it off, but suddenly it was shot.

"Go up stairs now!" I yell at my wife.

The monster looks at my wife and jumps on her, clawing, and biting her. I load Wolfsbane and shot it in the head, killing it immediately.

"J-john...I don't want to die..." My wife says crying.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you." I say getting my guitar. "I'll make you feel better."

I start tearing up.

"It's your favorite."

I finish the song and I look over at her.

She isn't moving...

"I'm sorry."

I pick her up and start burying her.

If anyone has any ideas for this story please tell me know and I might add it to the story.