Flashback pt.7

I was walking to the doll makers house. Though everyone was telling me I'd die. At this point I wouldn't care.

"So Donna is her name...I think I knew a Donna. Nah I don't know anyone."

"Give up..." a voice said from the dark. "They won't find you..." the voice surrounded me. "...but don't worry...you have us..."

"Leave me alone." I told the voice.

"...Miranda would love to have someone like you to join her family..."

"I'm not a family guy."

"...he promised us that you would join us..."

"What?"

"That's right...your father promised that you would join us when you turned 20...in return, we wouldn't touch you or your family."

I didn't believe what I was hearing. This couldn't be true.

"Shut up."

"Do you know how you got your leg reattached?"

"I said shut up!"

"When your father showed up holding your unconscious body we thought it was a sacrifice. But he asked us to fix you, so we did."

"What did you do to me!?"

They started laughing.

"Tell me!"

I woke up in my bed screaming.

"John are you ok!?" Angel asked.

"Y-yeah, just a bad dream." I replied.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

"No, this is something I'll have to bring up with my father." I replied.

I knocked on the door of my parent's house.

"Hey John." My mom greeted me. "What brings you here?"

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"I...don't know. He hasn't been home in weeks. Why?" Mom replied.

"I think he wanted to offer me a place in Miranda's family." I told her. "What I mean is that he made a deal with Miranda that would cause me to join Miranda's family once I turned 20."

"But why?" Mom asked.

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out."