Flashback pt.6

One year after my argument with my dad...

I made my way to the village, I rarely get to visit the village. I remember a few years ago me and mom would come here and she would visit a woman named Luiza. Mom would let me explore the village, but I wasn't allowed to get near the castle or the village reservoir. Me and dad would sometimes come by to deliver meat from our hunts.

"What do you want outsider?" A villager asked me.

"I was looking for a woman named Luiza." I replied.

"How do you know her?" He asked.

I could tell he was very suspicious of me.

"I'm actually from the forest, I used to come by and delivered meat with my dad." I replied. "My name is John Bloodhunter."

"Bloodhunter!? Is your father's name James?" The villager asked.

"Yeah that's him." I said pulling out a picture of him. "Does he look familiar?"

"Yeah I've seen him before." He replied. "Come with me, I'll take you to Luiza."

I followed the villager and as we were walking I noticed someone wearing all black. They didn't look like any of the villagers. They also held a creepy doll, I don't know if I was just seeing things, but I swear I saw the doll move by itself.

"Hey, who is that?" I asked the villager.

"W-what is she doing here?!" The villager yelled nervously.

The strange woman looked over at us. She had a black cloth covering her face, but I could still tell she was looking at us.

"Who is she?" I asked again.

"She is Donna Beneviento, the doll maker. Some say she lures people into her house to kill them and turn them into dolls." He replied nervously.

The woman, Donna, walked over to us.

"Don't worry, I'm only here for fabric." She said happily. She leaned closer and whispered, "But I might come back for some more playmates."

I was a little creeped out by this, but the villager was terrified.

Donna laughed a little before walking away.

"Luiza's house is up there." He said pointing to a house. "I need to go lay down."

I walked towards the house and knocked on the front door.

After a few minutes an elderly woman opened the door.

"Hello, are you Luiza?" I asked the woman.

"I am, who are you?" She replied.

"I am John, I believe we met before when I was younger." I told her.

"Oh, I remember now. It's good to see you, do you want to come in and talk?" Luiza asked.

"Well, I want to talk, just not here." I replied.

"Where do you want to talk then?" She asked.

I pointed to the church.

"There." I said seriously.

She could tell something was wrong.

We sat down in the chairs in the church.

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Luiza asked.

"A few years ago I was attacked by a monster and was saved by a woman." I replied. "She was tall, wore white clothing, had red lipstick on, and wore a black hat. When my father saw her, he got really mad and fired his gun at her. He told her to get away from me. When she disappeared he held me and said that the 'Lords' promised to leave us alone." I explained.

"The woman you described sounds like Lady Dimitrescu." Luiza replied. "What did your dad mean by they promised to leave your family alone?"

"I don't know, I'm trying to figure that out." I replied. "I think he made a deal with the Four Lords."