Chapter 2 - Acquaintances Await!

Ronald McDonald's POV
After the final period before lunch had ended and I began to walk to the school cafeteria, a new yet already seemingly familiar voice calling my name made me turn my head . "Hey Ronald-kun!" it said. When I had turned around to see who the voice had belonged to, a smile began to creep onto my face as I saw and realized that it was Colonel-senpai, who was running towards my direction. Once he had caught up with me, he gave me a friendly, glowing grin that shone as brightly as the sun, and the sight made my heart skip a beat. "Would you like to sit with me and my friends at lunch?" he asked me. 'Nani?!' I thought. I was absolutely shocked. I had only met Colonel-senpai a few hours ago, and he had already invited me to sit with him?! What an honour! "O-Of course Colonel-senpai! I would love to!" I replied. His charming and handsome smile widened even more at my words. "Yay! Let's go!" he said, holding onto my hand and walking with me to the cafeteria.

Once we had arrived, he led me towards a table where four other people who were presumably Colonel's friends were seated. Colonel Sanders cleared his throat, which immediately caught their attention. "Everyone, I would like you to meet my new friend, Ronald-kun. He is a new student here," Colonel-senpai said, placing his hand onto my shoulder. The gesture immediately caused heat to rise in my face and to turn bright red. "H-Hello," I introduced myself bashfully, looking down at the ground in embarrassment. Colonel-senpai continued to grin at me. "Ronald-kun, I would like you to meet my friends; Shrek-kun, Donkey-kun, Barry Benson-kun, and Johnny Test-kun," he said, pointing his hand at and gesturing towards them. "Hello Ronald-kun! It's very nice to meet you!" said the talking donkey named Donkey. "Yes, welcome to the group!" Barry the bee said warmly. Shrek and Johnny both grinned at me.

We all ended up having a good time together while eating our lunch, and I concluded that it was the most fun experience I've had since the time I trolled angry K pop stans on Twitter! "Hey Ronald-kun!" Colonel-senpai said. "You should sit with us again tomorrow! It was fun hanging out with you!". "Yeah man! Come hang out with with us again! It was sick having you around today!" Johnny said, and everyone else bobbed their heads in agreement. I smiled and nodded my head. "Alright, I will!" I replied happily. The bell then rang once again, alerting everyone that they had to return to their classes. I waved goodbye to my new friends as I walked off back to my home room. I smiled happily and hummed to myself as I walked down the halls. It was only my first day at my new school, and I was already beginning to feel like I belonged here. I was now a part of a friend group, and a caring one at that, as each and every one of the members in it all gave off a warm and welcoming aura, and it felt very nice to be accepted. My smile widened as I sensed that it was going to be a good year already.