Chapter 4 - Mildly Awkward Tension

Ronald McDonald's POV
"So, where exactly are we going to eat?" I asked Colonel-senpai as we were walking together. He only grinned. "You'll see," he said. As we walked further, I noticed a red building in the distance. The logo on it was a mere three letters reading "KFC," with a picture of Colonel-senpai beside it. "Here we are," he said.

As we walked inside, the aroma of fried chicken could be smelt from the kitchen. I felt my stomach begin to rumble, and Colonel-senpai must have heard it because he let out a small giggle of amusement. "Looks like somebody's hungry," he said, then winked at me, which caused me to turn into a blushing mess. He lead me towards a table. "Here, you sit down while I go cook," he said. I did as I was told and waited patiently as he cooked dinner for us in the kitchen.

When he came back, he was carrying a tray of piping hot fried chicken. My mouth began to water, not just because of the chicken, but also because of Colonel-senpai. I guess you could say that the chicken wasn't the only hot thing that was looking like a snack in here. Anyways, back on topic. Colonel-senpai placed the tray on the table and sat down across from me. He handed me a plate with pieces of fried chicken laid out on it. "Enjoy," he said, smiling. I awkwardly grinned back at him and grabbed a chicken drumstick from the plate. Colonel-senpai was looking at me intently, as if he was waiting for my reaction as I sunk my teeth into it. My eyes widened as the strong flavours burst in my mouth. The succulent and juicy chicken combined with the flavourful breadcrumb coating created a heavenly masterpiece that danced in my mouth. It was perfection. "Colonel-senpai," I began. "This... this is the most delicious thing I've ever had the fortune of tasting. I didn't know you could cook like this!". I didn't notice, but a small blush appeared on his cheeks that he hid with his hand. "Wow, Ronald-kun, I didn't expect you to enjoy it that much. Thank you," he said. I felt my face begin to feel hot. "Y-You're welcome," I replied. We then locked eyes for what seemed like an eternity, until we both looked away, flustered. We then ate our chicken in a somewhat awkward silence until we were finished. "Alright, do you want to go back to my house now?" he asked me. I grinned. "Yes, I would like that," I replied. We then got out of our seats and made our way to Colonel-senpai's house.