Chapter 5 - The Sleepover

Ronald McDonald's POV
"Wow, Colonel-senpai, you have such a nice house!" I said as we walked inside his home. He smiled. "Thank you, Ronald-kun," he replied. Colonel-senpai clapped his hands together. "So, do you want to watch a movie?" he asked me. I nodded my head. "Sure," I replied. "Alright," he said. "You can pick out the movie while I go get the snacks ready." I agreed, and went over to the couch to browse the catalog on Netflix.

We ended up watching Toy Story, my favourite movie of all time, and I felt my eyes water up a few times while we were watching it because it was such a masterpiece. I was beginning to feel drowsy afterwards and I yawned loud enough that Colonel-senpai could hear me. "Hey Ronald-kun," he said. "You can stay over tonight if you would like." My eyes widened and butterflies began to form in my stomach. I have the possible opportunity to stay over at Colonel-senpai's house? There's no way that I could pass it up now! "Yes, that sounds nice," I replied. He grinned at me. "Alright, you can use the bathroom and go wash up first," he said. My smile had begun to creep off my face as realization hit me. Since I was staying over, that means that he would see me without my face paint, and I was really insecure about my looks without it. I began to feel really nervous, and Colonel-senpai must have noticed because he was staring at me with a concerned look on his face. "Ronald-kun, are you alright?" he asked me. His voice immediately snapped me out of my thoughts and I turned to face him. "Oh yeah, I'm fine," I replied, getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I looked into the mirror, feeling hesitant to take off my face paint. I always took it off every night, but tonight was different because I was sleeping over at Colonel-senpai's. I knew I couldn't sleep with it on, so I decided to man up and wipe it all off. After every inch of face paint had been taken off my face, I looked at the reflection staring back at me. I tried smiling and posing to make me feel better about my appearance.

I sighed, turned the knob on the door and walked into the living room

I sighed, turned the knob on the door and walked into the living room. I felt Colonel-senpai's eyes on me as I stared at the ground in embarrassment. "Ronald-kun, you look... beautiful," he said. I was in shock and disbelief. Did he really just tell me that I looked good? Touched by his compliment, I blushed and grinned. "Y-You really think so, Colonel-senpai?," I asked. "Think so? I know so!" he replied, with a big, goofy grin on his face. My smile widened and my face grew even more red. "T-Thank you, that means a lot," I said. "I'm really insecure about my looks without my face paint." He looked at me in disbelief, then walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. His mouth was terrifyingly close to my ear. "If anything, you look way better without it," he whispered. I felt chills run down my spine. He was standing so close to me, and I was an anxious mess on the inside. He then pulled his face away from my ear and looked me straight in the eyes. Our faces were just a few inches apart. I saw him begin to lean in and instead I panicked and pulled away, feeling like a complete idiot. I had my chance to kiss him and I blew it, all because I got anxious. He then must have realized what was happening, because his eyes immediately widened and he backed away, looking really embarrassed and ashamed. Suddenly, he got down on his knees. "Ronald-kun, I'm so sorry! That was really weird of me and I sincerely apologize!" he shouted. I stood there, still trying to process all that had just happened. I gave a pathetic response. "I-It's fine," I replied weakly. My face was a bright shade of red. He looked up at me, smiled and sighed, then stood back up. "Thank you," he said, patting my shoulder then walking into the bathroom. He came out about a minute later, and we then set up the sleeping bags on the floor. We didn't say anything for the rest of the night, but I had a smile on my face as I drifted off to sleep. After what had happened tonight, I vowed to never wear my face paint ever again.