The Parental Contest

Bakugou was just trying to eat his food, yet was interrupted time and time again because of the old bastards. The two men squared each other off from opposite ends of the table, never breaking eye contact.

Both of Izuku's father figures had an intense staring contest, which disrupted much of the meal, though the room was silent.

Izuku himself was the first to break it, "Kacchan, by the way the English assignment is due on Wednesday, right?" He questioned hoping to calm the atmosphere.

"Ya nerd! What are you asking me for? I would've thought you'd have that memorized." Bakugou called back, though he knew his friend was only trying to relieve the tension in the room.

"I was just checking to make sure you knew Kacchan!" The boy beamed a wide smile, however, the condescension in his tone wasn't missed by Katsuki or All for One for that matter.

Bakugou had noticed the change in his friend, he was more ballsy and snarky, not that he minded Deku finally growing a backbone, it was just strange to see the innocent boy being a master manipulator.

Though that was the exact same reason Hisashi was proud of his son at that moment. His teachings had come in handy after all. Granted he wasn't planning on having Izuku as his successor as Tomura was doing a fine job of that, he more included it to have the boy learn to act more civilly and spend time with his father of course. That time was always cherished, even if All Might's presence was souring the mood right then.

"Well I'm glad to hear that my son is doing well in class, as I do want what's best for you." Hisashi practically sang, eyes still carefully trained on All Might though addressing Izuku.

"Yes I'm also proud of my boy's accomplishments this year, he has come far through his training with me." Yagi stated proudly and a little smug.

That good for nothing Symbol of Trash was bragging about spending time with his son? The nerve! The heroic imp had known All for One couldn't see his family due to his mutilated face thanks to his nemesis, and said man had the audacity to try and replace him in his son's life?

This meant war.

"Well I'll have you know-" Hisashi began before getting cut off by his wife.

"I've had enough of this! Neither of you were there for my son. I raised him. Both of you can't say the same. So next time you go arguing, make sure you have your facts straight." Inko huffed as she slammed back into her seat, annoyed at the childish behavior of the men.

They were supposed to be people Izuku could look up to, though now Inko only held disappointment for the supposed father figures her son had.

"Damn! Auntie Inko just put your old fucks in your places." Bakugou snickered.

"Honey, I'm sorry I didn't-" Hisashi tried again.

"Nope, I don't want to hear it. Let's just finish dinner calmly." Inko crossed her arms, still upset.

Izuku sent a grateful glance towards his mother, with Inko raising an equally sunny expression back. His mother had won the contest. She truly was the best parent! Though Izuku would never admit that to Sensei as he didn't want to hurt his father's feelings. The boy did recognize his mother's point, as well as realizing that his dad must have left them. Granted he must have had a good reason for it right? His father had mentioned being horribly disfigured in the past, so perhaps it had something to do with that. No matter, the boy decided to look into it more later, right now he was enjoying laughing with Kacchan at the ridiculous expressions across All Might's and Hisashi's faces. It was priceless to see the two grown men act like school boys after getting scolded by a teacher.

It was nice to have a best friend... Izuku dreamily thought, preserving this moment in his mind forever.