𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎.

a family.
chapter twenty two -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

FAMILY IS a group of people which includes a parent who is taking care and loving their children unconditionally, but you've never got to experience it properly. The great feeling of sorrow rests forever within you and yet you move forward.

Your mom died due to leukemia just when you were just four years old. You've never got the spend some time with your father, he was too busy with work- which led your older sister and oldest brother to take care of you and Eito.

The two of them stood as the parent figure during your early years with your second eldest brother as an uncle figure, the five of you living in Nagoya happily. A picture of you sitting ontop of Katsuo, the eldest among the siblings, smiling wide with your other siblings who were walking beside the eldest son. It is a memory that will be hidden forever in a box where no one can reach it.

Eventually, your eldest and second eldest brother had to move in Shibuya, Tokyo, for their education which leaves you with your older sister, Kaori, taking care of the youngest childrens of the family- that is until she passed away. Katsuo came back and took the both of you to live with him and Hideo in Tokyo.

You would do anything to take that back even if it costs your life. You would want die just to make the gods satisfied.

Blood is thicker than water, they said.

"No. You won't," Mikey interrupts, looking at you. His eyes were narrowing. Mikey doesn't want you to get too involved.

Is he underestimating you? Is it because you're a woman? Make me laugh, you can defend yourself, you don't need no men to protect you from any danger. It will be you who will be protecting them, the other way around.

Glaring at Mikey, you swallowed. "...What the hell is wrong if I join Mitsuya? It's just a talk right?! Why are you getting defensive all of the sudden?" You reasoned out.

You were starting to fill with rage, you don't want everyone to think you were weak. Heck you didn't even know where this confidence grew within you. It came out of nowhere. Everyone's eyes were on you and just as like Hanma was expecting, a play you will perform is about to begin.

"Mikey," Draken calls out at the young man. "Let [name] do what she wants. It's her decision."

"But-"

"It's okay. Mitsuya's gonna be there," Draken pats Mikey on the shoulders. Assuring him that you'll be safe. Mitsuya will look over you not to mention Hakkai would also be there.

"Fine," Mikey had no choice but to agree. He didn't want you to go in the first place cause he was scared that you might get hurt. He doesn't wanna lose someone again.

You raging look on your face slowly softens, releasing a sigh of relief underneath your breath, "Thanks."

"Are you sure about this [name]?" Mitsuya questions you, he was walking beside you- both of you going to the parking lot where his bike was parked. As usual he offered you to take you home.

You felt sorry for ditching Chifuyu and Takemichi but they didn't mind, well that's only Takemichi who didn't mind though. Chifuyu was secretly pouting that he wouldn't be the one who'll take you home for the day.