𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘.

an oath to be with.
chapter fourty -

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

WORDS THAT echoed through your mind, you didn't even know why you decided to go back to the playground- was it perhaps the young boys statement? A feeling of hope that maybe he'll be the one to save you from your world filled with nothing but darkness.

All by your own, no one to hold. It truly is a nightmare for one child to be alone in a isolated place.

The shadows of the tree that was being cast upon you. A gentle breeze that came unwelcomed- your hair flies all over. A cold drink placed beside you starts to drip and the sound of cicadas that could be only heard.

Bright summer light, you despise it so much and yet you're outside.

"I told you I would find you," The man that you've met jumps out from behind you. You flinched, placing yourself in a defensive stance. Baji laughs, taking a seat beside you, "No need to be scared. I don't bite."

You eyed him, staying silent. You just couldn't get a hold on making conversations but his company made you bathe in ease.

Baji arched a brow up, leaning his face towards your as you backed up from the sudden face coming into your vision. He frowns, "Talk to me will ya?"

"Why would I?" You scrunched your nose up. A displeasing expression that left your face. Why do you always push everyone off an edge? You want to save yourself from the darkness with someone's help right?

So why?

The ravenette takes a seat beside your figure, you mover over to the side- keeping a certain distance between the both of you. Baji furrows both of his brows together at your action.

"Come on!!" He whines, "You're no fun." And humph, crossing both of his arms together and looking away.

Childish of him, you thought and sighed. Lowering your head slightly, the swaying movement of your legs going back and forth. And unconsciously, you tightened the grip you had on the edge of the bench.

Maybe your words were too cold for him to handle. Guilt started to make its way up to your chest. You softly bit your lower lip before spinning your head at the ravenette sitting beside you.

"S-Sorry-?!"

"Since you're new here, want to take a stroll-?!"

Baji's face suddenly appears the moment you turned your back to look at him. Your throat itches- no words left to say. Being up this close to a boy other than your brothers and Shinichiro, it felt new. The young boy infront of you was a different person whom you barely know after all.

A short breeze decided to pass by- your hair starts to flow at Baji's direction. Eyes that had met each other, you held the same position for a few more seconds before the young boy started to flush out of embarrassment.

Baji could feel the heat coming up to his neck and eventually to his face. He quickly backs up away from you, waving his hands all over the place for you not to see his flustered face.

"A-Ah!, Sorry- Sorry!" He apologizes, trying his best to not make any eye contact with you. "I didn't expect for you to turn your head... and for that to happen..."