XV - Elfa

She felt him go rigid for a few seconds but continued massaging the thights. She knew that he wasn't used to that and that it might take a while to actually grow used to people touching him. She wanted to touch him. She almost smiled as she felt his body relaxing again and dared a look into his eyes, but found them closed. She smiled softly to herself. He probably enjoys the massage. But then his eyes flew open again and he looked at her strangely as if surprised that she was really here. She felt a blush creep onto her face again when he said,

"Well, I sometimes wish I did, but the person I wish I could be happy with... I don't think she'd want me."

All that was said in a whisper and she felt her heart clench painfully in her chest. She had felt honoured that he trusted her enough to actually tell her some of what he was thinking, but it hurt to hear that he already liked someone. She had to avert her eyes from his to hide the tears that were threatening to spill past her eyelashes. Her hands on his thights clenched a bit but she continued on massaging him. She didn't want him to notice just how much it hurt her to say that.

"Why wouldn't she?" she asked him in a nostalgic whisper, "You're a handsome man in your own way and you have a mysterious personality that every girl would like to explore a bit more and get to know you more. You shouldn't be so self-reprimanding professor, there's a lot more to you than just your title as the ex-Death Eater and the 'greasy git' of a Potions professor. You're also a spy for the light side, and the best Potions Master in the world. Let's not forget about all the articles you published in most of the world's renowned Potions magazines. You're a genius, professor."