III - Elfa

She was just in the middle of stretching her lean body when she felt someone enter the dungeon. She knew immediately who it was, because her body was hyper aware of every move that the Potions professor did when in her presence even though she didn't let on that she followed him with her eyes. No one knew about it, and if Elfa had anything to do with it, no one ever would. Not only would it be a shock to the Wizarding World that she was in love with a man that was the same age as her father, but that was her father's mortal enemy and the Slytherin Head of House. Let's not forget to mention an ex-Death Eater as well. You can see now, why she was reluctant to tell anyone.This was her secret and her secret only. She sighed when it was obvious that the professor wouldn't say anything and she stretched her head so that it was leaned towards him so that she could see him.

What she saw though took her by surprise. There was no loathing in his eyes like so often before, there was no indifference, arrogancy, supremacy, alooffness... well you get my meaning. There was only confusion, and... could it be?... awe, appreciation and attraction all rolled into one. She had to blink at that and start breathing again, as her heart and breathing had both stopped when she saw the expression on his face and in his eyes. She was stumped. Standing up from her chair, she leaned back so that her bottom was resting on the desk behind her and put her hands around her, almost as if she was trying to protect herself from something, as she watched him quietly. She didn't know what she would do if his eyes suddenly turned cold, and into the loathing expression, once more. Now that she had seen this expression she couldn't get enough of it.

"Professor Snape," she greeted him softly with a slight smile on her face, even if she trembled on the inside from pure nerves. She was so nervous in his presence. "Looking for something?" she asked him politely as she watched him, just savouring the moments. She couldn't really believe she was acting so calmly when she imagined that she would go and do something stupid in his presence. But somehow his presence didn't make her as nervous as she could be. Something seemed different about him than before and she wondered what had happened for him to change so.