XXIII - Elfa

She could hear him groan when she touched her hair and smiled slightly into the kiss. It was obvious to her that he liked it when she started playing with it. She whimpered again when he deepened the kiss and shuddered at the movement of his hands down her back. The kissing was heavenly and she knew that she would never feel like that with another human being. Severus was her mate and she could love no one else for her entire life. She knew she could be happy that she had found her mate so early in life. Her father had to wait all these years to find Nymphadora.

She was a bit disappointed when he pulled back and opened her eyes, only to meet his gaze. "I can't believe I didn't do that before," she heard him whisper. She could feel his body relaxing and knew that the potion worked, but she couldn't keep her mind on that thought. She was too preoccupied with Severus at the moment. When professor Snape became Severus she didn't know, but it was almost natural for her to call him by his given name. After all, you shouldn't call the man who just kissed you a sir, or professor. Merlin help you if you do.

She smiled slightly at the shy look he was giving her and leaned forward to rest her cheek on his as she let out a soft breath. She could scarcely believe that the hurt she was feeling only a few minutes ago was gone so soon. She moved her head so that it was closer to his ear as she whispered,

"I was so scared that you liked someone else. I don't know if I could survive that."

She felt her body shudder at the thought and she drew herself closer to him as if she was scared that she would lose him if she let him go.