Tomato Hot Tub

"Thanks Vincent, for taking the kids today, I'm just swamped with work so you know how it is" Thanked Jacob, Dakota's brother-in-law.

The kids in question were two teens, about 3 years apart, Amanda and Jackson. They were stepping into a car parked in front of their dad's home.

"Ah, yeah, it's no problem Jake, I love having these two around, and you know, maybe they could help me out a bit today" Dakota said that last half in sing song, simultaneously directing at the kids.

He turned around to see their reaction, meeting the nervous smile of Amanda and the rather unimpressed expression with Jackson.

"Well, in that case, it seems they have a pretty fun day ahead of you guys" called Jacob "I'll let you get to that, thanks again bye"

"Bye" Vinnie smiled as walked toward his car. Getting in, he began to drive away. He gave a little wave out the window.

The teens gave their goodbyes as well. After a little while they got pretty far from the house.

"Sooo" Dakota drawed out "How would you feel about helping me out today?"

"You mean by being evil?" Jackson asked sarcastically, he was like that.

Amanda chuckled nervously.

"Well, yeah by being 'evil'" He made small finger quotations with his hands on the wheel and shrugged "It could be fun, you guys could be like my assistants, my minions, I mean, that'd be cool, I hear it's a growth industry... or is that henchmen?"

"Not really" Jackson rolled his eyes in that way only angst filled goth teenagers could.

"Uh, Uncle Vinnie, it's just that, it all seems a little silly" Amanda explained "I mean you always fail for one, and you're not trying to do anything really, and well, it's not all that interesting to us anyway" she shrugged apologetically.

"Aw, c'mon, please" Dakota tried to give the kids his puppydog eyes through the rearview mirror, hoping they were looking "We could make a day out of it, like a, a, um, a 'Bring Your Niece and Nephew to Work Day', yeah? Yeah?" Dakota smiled, trying to get them on board.

They said nothing, only looking at the scientist unimpressed.

"Can't you guys do this for me, pretty please?" He tried again "I got a warning notice in the mail today from OWCA, saying my previous evil schemes have been lacking lately, if they get any worse they're gonna assign me a new nemesis" Dakota explained sadly "I gotta seem 'eviler' eviler... is that even a word... eevvvilllerrr, ah whatever, anyways, what's more seriously evil looking than having two evil assistants working for me?"

"Wait, you're still trying to get this guy to notice you?!" Jackson questioned, absolutely baffled.

"Hey, hey, he notices me," Dakota defended "he just... doesn't like me romantically" he sighed disappointed, he came to terms with that fact a long time ago.

"Then what's the point of all this, I mean, you don't exactly enjoy being evil, do you?" Amanda quizzed.

"Eh, It has it's fun moments sometimes," Dakota shrugged. "And look, this agent guy, he's... he's really something, he's Cavendish, what're you gonna do? I can't lose him, at least not till I'm ready, so if I have to appear to be a little more evil, so be it"

For a few beats it was quite again, until a feminine voice said "Fine, I'll help you"

"Really?" Dakota was overjoyed

"What?" Jackson was very much not "Amanda you don't want to this"

"It could be fun" she smiled "and you know what, it's romantic, I think it's cute.