Gnome Reason

(A/N: if I'm being honest I'm not exactly proud of this particular chapter, but I figured why not post it, this is just for fun after all :3)

Cavendish sat in his backyard's patio chair, absolutely sweltering, in fact he had taken off his cardigan, which was something he did not do often when undercover.

It was too hot to even read! Cavendish simply laid back uncomfortably, listening to the small portable radio sitting on the stool beside him.

"This is, stanky dog, coming at you on the hottest day of the summer!" The disk jockey said.

"Yes, as if I couldn't have figured tha-" Cavendish muttered only to be caught off by the squawk of a bird. Suddenly, just a few feet away from him, fell a pile of ashes, along with a few feathers, from the sky.

Cavendish stared at the pile, having no words for what he saw before himself.

"Unless you live at the beach, I say just take it easy and do nothing today," The DJ continued

"Just find yourself a shady tree, and maybe a yellow big nosed dog of some kind,"

That made Cavendish think of the kids, this Disk Jockey was nearly describing their usual morning perfectly.

"And blow the whole day off." Stanky finished

Except for that...

"They won't like that one bit" Cavendish thought aloud.

Right as he said that he heard Milo saying "Come on Zack, if we let a little heat stop us from having the best day ever, then the morning DJs win."

Just as Cavendish had thought.

He then heard the sound of rummaging around and rushing water, "what could they be making" Cavendish pondered, his question was quickly answered when Milo's mother had asked the boy's what they were up to.

"We're making a beach" Zack said nonchalantly.

"In the backyard!" Milo added excitedly.

Cavendish continued his attempt at relaxation, which was rather hard in this blasted weather. He listened to what was going on next door, for it sounded much more interesting than the announcements of a random morning DJ.

Just as Milo had commented on the fact they were going to need more sand, Cavendish heard a beeping from his watch.

Quickly he made his way to his backyard's garden and where he stopped in front of a mushroom garden decoration. After making sure no one was watching him he lightly tapped his foot on the mushroom's head. The mushroom, as well as the land surrounding it, removed itself from its location with a buzz, revealing a hole that was large enough for Cavendish to jump down without difficulty.

Cavendish reached into his pocket, pulling out his fedora, and placing it on his head. After that he pressed the button of his watch changing his casual clothing to his secret agent attire. As soon as he had been dressed, he jumped down into the hole.

He fell quickly downward, landing on his feet, his hat, which had rose off his head in the fall, followed landing back onto Cavendish's head not long after his landing.

Cavendish speed walked to his chair, taking a seat as Mr. Block appeared on screen.

"Agent C" Mr. Block addressed, without giving Cavendish a chance to speak he plunged into Cavendish's assignment "Lawn gnomes across the Tri-State area are disappearing, leaving thousands of gardens unprotected from the evils of black magic, we suspect that this is Dakota's doing, your job is to go see what he's doing, and put a stop to it, now go" Mr. Block completed.