Chapter 11, Part 1- Apocalypse

a/n: I really like this cover, and I think It really fits :))

//"When you're all alone, I will reach for you; when you're feeling low, I will be there too."\\

Stella checked her watch for the seventh time that hour- the flick of the tiny bronze hand swept around the clock face with out fail again and again in till the larger hand finally shifted, declaring the hour to be five o'clock

Stella checked her watch for the seventh time that hour- the flick of the tiny bronze hand swept around the clock face with out fail again and again in till the larger hand finally shifted, declaring the hour to be five o'clock. The inn wasn't inhospitable on the surface, but the glances and whispers were less than welcoming, and some things quickly became known to her:

First- this place was far from the bright, tea places she had previously visited in Charlottetown.

Second-The inmates were very much confused at seeing her: a young, white girl with a lace rimmed hat and polished leather shoes.

Most residents there were men, with dark skin and patched clothing. At first she attempted making conversation with the bar keeper, who studied her curiously. He wasn't unfriendly, but his hesitance, and careful conversation confused her. She scanned the room, hoping that somehow, she would be able to spot the recipient of her parcel. They would likely be able to identify her, but Stella had no idea about the person she was supposed to deliver the books to.

She waited in silence, trying to ignore the stares, for a while longer- but when in turned half past five, she turned to the bar keeper once more.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you.. But would it be possible for you to pass this on to someone?"

Stella lifted the books onto the counter with an embarrassed blush.

"I suppose so.. Who to?" He questioned, sweeping the parcel behind the bar swiftly.

"Oh, well I'm not exactly sure.." How had she not seen this problem coming? She thought hard for the solution, all the while shifting uncomfortably.

"Perhaps, if someone asks for a package from Professor. Parker, could you deliver these to them?" She suggested.

The keeper wrinkled his noes. "I can't promise anything Misses, but I'll try."

"That's very kind of you Sir. " She thanked him, and began to back up away from the bar, and towards the door.

"You're lost, girl." A voice to the right of her stated, a man sipping from a large glass. His friend laughed at his, huge chest shaking.

"Wouldn't tell your Mr about this, if I were you." He continued, and another man chimed in from her other side.

"Don't come bringing trouble. Beat it, you hear?"

Stella ducked out of the Inn, the rusted bell chiming as the door collided with its rotting, wooden frame, gone before the next shout could come. She shivered, not entirely sure why, and with some relief began her walk back to Patty's Place.