Because I love you!

You and Severus have been in a relationship for six months now and neither of you couldn't be happier. You were the Astronomy teacher at the famous school of Hogwarts while your lover was the Potions Master of said school.

When you two got together, you earned Minerva fifty galleons from Albus as they secretly bet that you two would get together before the year finishes. When she told you this, you found it hilarious while Severus did not like the idea that his feelings for you two were too obvious that the older professors made a bet out of it.

Right now you were on your way to the headmaster's office as he had requested your presence immediately.

You pondered what he would want as his letter practically screamed urgency in your face. Arriving at the big gargoyle that was the entrance to his big office, you stepped in front of it "Sherbet lemon." you said, making the statue move in circles revealing a circular staircase. You started to climb it, your long dress following behind you.

Once you stepped in the rather large office, you spotted Albus sitting behind his desk but what you didn't expect was seeing Severus standing also in the room. You showed him a smile as you approached the desk.

"(y/n), glad that you came so quickly." you nodded at the headmaster and he continued "As you already know, Severus here is a double agent for the Order and for the Dark Lord himself," you took this information in, not sure where Albus was going with this but you stayed quiet. "and it has come to the point in which I need another spy between the Death Eaters."

You saw from the corner of your eye how Severus' eyes widened at Dumbledore's words "And now I'm asking you, (y/n), if you would be that person. As you and Severus are really close I think this would be easier for the two of you."

But before you could open your mouth the bearded man said "You don't have to give me an answer right now, I'll give you some days to think about it before the next meeting. You both can go now." You turned around before saying "Thank you headmaster, I promise I'll think about it." he nodded at you and you started to walk towards the door with Severus trailing behind you.

Once outside the office, he said to you "Come with me (y/n)." you obliged and walked next to him down the large corridors of the castle until you both reached your shared chambers. He opened the door for you like usual and you stepped inside, Severus closed the door and said, without looking at you "You are not doing it." you frowned at himi "Excuse me?" you asked.

He turned around, meeting your (e/c) orbs with his obsidian eyes "You are not going to become a Death Eater." you looked at him dumbfounded "What do you mean with that? You can't boss me around Severus, I can make my own decisions!" you said, getting annoyed at the man in front of you. "I know! but I don't want you to have the Dark Mark in you! I don't want to put you in danger!" he said, mirroring your tone of voice which was quickly getting louder and louder.

"But you are not putting me there! It's my choice if I decide to join or not! It's to help the Order! Can't you see that?! And you have no right to tell me what to do or not, I am very capable of making my own choices!"

you said, your voice raising with every word. "I know (y/n) but you are not joining them!" he said "Why?! Why do you insist so much in that?! I want to help this war as much as you!" you exclaimed.

Severus walked towards you, putting his hands on your shoulders making you look at him straight in the eye "Because I love you! I don't want to lose you (y/n)!" you were shocked by his words, neither of you have the words. You knew you loved him and that he loved you but those words were never spoken between you two. This was the first time he said that to you which made your expression soften immediately.

"You mean everything to me (y/n), you are my whole world and I can't even think of losing you." Severus said in a much calmer voice which could have made you melt in the spot "And yes, I love you. I love you so much my angel... so much" you cut him off by pressing your lips onto his in a passionate kiss.

Your kisses were always sweet and short, like small pecks on the lips but nothing like this, which now surprised Severus. You pulled him down from his robes, crashing your lips with his, pouring all your emotions in the kiss. His hands went to your waist, pulling closer to him as your hands rested on his shoulders.

You parted from him breathlessly "I love you too." you said in a low voice. He pressed his forehead on yours, staring longingly at your eyes "I'm sorry... if it makes you happy, I won't accept Dumbledore's proposal. I now understand Severus." you smiled slightly at himi before he engulfed you in his strong embrace "I just don't want to lose you my darling." he mumbled in your (h/c) locks "You are not going to lose me, Sev. I promise." and with that, you pulled him down for another kiss.