Ineffable

You stood near the window, watching as two butterflies flew together in a rhythmic way, making a soft smile grace your lips.

You had your arms crossed over your chest as you watched the little interaction but as your attention was on the small butterflies, you were being watched by your husband.

But he wasn't watching you, he was admiring you.

Severus closed his book silently so as to not disturb you as he continued to watch your peaceful expression.

You were wearing a long-sleeved dress that went down to the floor, it was (f/c) and simple but it hugged your body perfectly.

You always looked for simple clothes as you have always been a very elegant woman and as it's said: less is more.

But to Severus, you looked perfect in whatever you were wearing, he loved when you wore one of your elegant dresses, or when you had your pj's on. He loved when you were on one of his shirts and he also loved it when you weren't wearing a thing.

He blushed slightly at the thought as he shook his head to get the thought away as he continued to admire you.

His life became brighter when you arrived as the new Astronomy teacher at Hogwarts. You were his fire to start everyday, his strength as he found you entirely mesmerising. Soon enough, Severus had to admit that he was falling for you, hard.

When he confessed his feelings for you, afraid that his love for such a perfect angel like yourself was unrequited, but as you confirmed that you also loved him, a plethora of emotions washed over him, emotions that years after that moment, he still couldn't explain.

You turned to look at your husband with a soft smile on your lips, your wedding band shining with the rays of sun that perched through the window.

"What are you looking at, love?"

'Love' he liked it when you referred to him like that. Everytime you acknowledged him with the sweet nickname, his heart skipped a beat. Knowing he was loved was enough to make his cold heart melt at your single touch.

"I'm just admiring how beautiful you are."

His words were so genuine and even though you've been married to Severus for a long time, his words of praise always made you blush. He liked it when your cheeks painted a slight pink and knowing that he was the reason for your blushing made a proud feeling envolve his heart.

Severus walked towards you, as you returned your gaze out of the window, your eyes were so lost on the horizon that you jumped a little when you felt his arms around your waist. You knew he always liked you to embrace you from the back and you weren't going to lie; you loved it too.

When you were little, you imagined yourself in a moment like this, being held by the love of your life, not taking care about the world around you because in those little moments, you and Severus were alone in the world.

You only had eyes for him as well as his eyes were only for you. He rested his chin on top of your head as your back was pressed against his firm chest

"I love you."

You heard him say his declaration of love and everytime those words left his mouth, you would smile.

That smile that Severus fell so in love with, the smile that was his fire to start his day as everyday, for the rest of his life, he got to see your smile first thing in the morning.

He got to hear your sweet voice calling out his name as if it was meant to be, because it was. You were meant to be with Severus for eternity and he couldn't fathom the idea of living his life without you by his side, smiling and brightening his days in a way he still couldn't understand but he loved it.

"I love you too, Severus."

Your sweet voice said and he could have teared up at how transparent your words were. You looked up at your husband, meeting his onyx eyes as he looked down at you. Severus could see his entire life reflected in your pair of luminous eyes.

You smiled up at him, the smile that he loved to see on your gorgeous face and he couldn't help but smile too.

"I'm so lucky to have you in my life, Sev. What did I ever do to deserve you?"

You asked, making his heart swell with joy as your beautiful (e/c) eyes that he fell so in love with gaze at him with so much adoration Severus felt he could faint on the spot for the amount of love you held for him.

"What did I do to have you by my side?"

He asked, lifting you up from your waist as he got to kiss your soft lips. A small gasp escaped your mouth when he lifted you in the air; your feet were floating in the air as Severus held you in his strong grip, you smiled into the kiss as you put your hands on his shoulders.

You two parted from the kiss slightly breathless as you were still hoisted in the air, meaning you were eye to eye level with Severus.

"You are so beautiful."

He murmured before planting a small kiss on your nose, making a cute giggle escape you.

To Severus you were an angel from heaven, sent especially for him to love and protect as you saved him from drowning in his own sorrow.

Yes, you were beautiful but you were also very intelligent and kind towards others. Severus sometimes thought that you were too good for him, too perfect. But then he realized that that's exactly what he needed; an ineffable soul by his side.

984 words