Frozen

You were walking down the many corridors of the castle alongside your husband as the both of you were called by the headmaster.

Your smaller hand was grasped in his large one as the two of you walked in silence through the halls.

Once you two arrived at his office, he said "Severus, (y/n), please come in." you both walked closer to his desk where Albus was sitting. You knew exactly why he had summoned you both right now. It had to do with his hand.

Severus let go of your hand as he approached Dumbledore while you took a small vial from your robe, putting its contents in the goblet, gesturing for the older man to drink it, which he complied. "It will contain the curse to your hand, it will spread." said your husband as he stared down at the headmaster's hand

"How long?" he asked, "Nearly a year." you answered, making both men turn their heads to you before Severus stood up abruptly and started to walk out of the room "Don't ignore me, Severus." said Albus, making your husband stop death in his tracks "We all know that Lord Voldemort has ordered the Malfoy boy to murder me." you lowered your gaze at Dumbledore's words.

"But should he fail, I should presume the Dark Lord will turn to you both." Lifting your (e/c) eyes, you met the onyx orbs of Severus, he knew where this was going but he didn't want you to be a part of it.

You were too precious to him that he would be damned if he ever let your hands paint with blood but you also realized that Dumbledore's words were true, you were, after all, a Death Eater too. A spy for the Order just like your husband, he already carried many responsibilities concerning this war, that's why you knew what you had to do when Albus said his next words.

"One of you must be the one who kills me." your eyes averted from Severus to Dumbledore in utter shock "it is the only way, only then will the Dark Lord trust you both completely."

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

When you and Severus returned to your living quarters, you immediately sat down on the couch as he closed the door. Your mind was still trying to process everything that just happened at Dumbledore's office.

You buried your face in your hands, your eyes were stinging with tears when suddenly, you felt the couch sink next to you making you look up at your husband who had a worried look on his face

"Are you alright, darling?" he asked. You turned to look at him and with a deep breath you said "I will be." The next thing you knew is that Severus was engulfing you in his loving embrace, the one who has always brought comfort to you.

"Don't worry (y/n). I'll be the one to do it, you will not have your pure hands painted with blood, my dear." he whispered these words into your ear, the only thing you were able to do was bury your face deeper in the crook of his neck as his strong arms held you close to him.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

Severus was walking down the corridor at a fast pace, you following closely behind with your wand tightly held in your hand. The Death Eaters were in the castle and it was time for the plan to be put into action.

You two arrived at the Astronomy Tower but as you both climbed the stairs, you spotted Harry hiding just below where the Death Eaters were.

You and Severus pointed your wands at him and when he turned around, surprise washed over the sixteen year-old boy. You put your finger over your lips, signalling him to stay quiet as you could hear Bellatrix desperately trying to make Draco cast the killing curse.

"No." said Severus, stepping in the scene as you came to stand next to him "Severus, (y/n)." Dumbledore said with an indescribable look on his face. "Please." you saw from the corner of your eye how your husband gripped his wand so tightly that his knuckles turned white and with a quicker motion, you raised your wand "Avada kedavra." the curse shot from your wand hitting the older man in the chest.