The ring

It was a quiet evening at Spinner's End, soft rain was pouring down the city that gave a cozy feeling as winter was approaching and the weather was getting colder with each passing day.

Severus was in his study, brewing some potions as well as making some notes for himself when suddenly, he heard his wife's footsteps upstairs. She was really noisy sometimes and the thought brought a smile to his lips.

Then, the sound of glass shattering on the ground made him frown slightly as he thought you could be hurt. He stood up from his chair and exited the room only to climb the stairs at his usual fast pace.

He arrived at his shared bedroom with his lovely wife only to find the pillows all over the bed, the drawers were fully opened with all the clothes out. The hairdresser where you sat down every morning in front of the mirror and put your makeup on as well as styled your hair was completely torn apart.

"(y/n)?" Severus called out your name as he did not see you at the bedroom, he then heard some movement in the attached bathroom and he went there only to find you rummaging on your toiletry bag

"Darling, what are you doing?" asked your husband in his usual silky voice. At the sound of that unmistakable voice, you looked up as the bag slipped from your hands. You had tears rolling down your cheeks, your eyes were red and puffy, signaling you've been crying for a long time now.

"(y/n), what is it? What happened?" worry latched in his voice as he approached you, the sound of glass cracking under his shoes was heard as he neared you.

It pained Severus to see you cry when you were usually smiling and laughing at simple things. You were a happy aura so when he saw your crystalline tears he knew it must have been something really important to you, which only worried him more.

"I-I lost it." you said before burying your face in your hands. Severus didn't understand what you meant with your words "Lost what dear?" he asked, looking down at you with his hands on your shoulder "The ring." you said, your voice sounded muffled by your hands but he caught your words.

At that moment, Severus noticed you weren't wearing your wedding ring. It was a thin band with little diamonds around it while Severus' ring didn't have jewelry in it. It was just a band of gold with your name engraved on it.

It's been a couple of months since you and Severus got married and you, as well as him, never took your ring off. You were proud to tell the world that you were married to Severus and the item itself meant a lot to you.

"Calm down, dear. I'm sure it's here... somewhere." he said as his eyes scanned the bathroom. "Where was the last time you saw it?" he asked, wiping your tears with his thumbs.

"I remember I left it on my nightstand before I went to make breakfast... you were still asleep. Then, when I came back, it was gone!"

Severus pondered for a while, trying to remember if he did something that morning that could have ended in you losing your ring.

Then, he remembered that he was the one who made the bed that morning, maybe when he lifted the blankets they pulled your ring to the floor or something? He wasn't very sure, but it was worth a try.

"I think I know where it is" said your husband, which made you look up at him excitedly "Really?" you asked and he nodded, walking out of the bathroom. You followed him close behind before he crouched on the floor next to your side of the bed.

His eyes scanned the place under the bed until a little shiny object caught his eye. With a small smile, he picked it up just for it to be your wedding ring.

He stood up and with the ring between his fingers, he said "Were you looking for this, Mrs. Snape?" you completely ignored his teasing tone as a sigh of relief escaped your mouth.

Severus took your left hand and slided the ring in your finger, where it belonged. "Thank you, Sev." you said as you hugged his neck, his hands were on your waist.

You then separated from the embrace and gave him a passionate kiss on his kissable lips. "You should lose that ring more often if this is the reward I get for finding it." he said, you chuckled at his words.

"You know?" you asked as you were leaving your room. He hummed in response, "I could have just used the summoning charm." you said with an innocent smile "Not everything has to be solved with magic, love." ha said to you "Oh, but I'm going to fix the room with magic, that I can assure you." you said before you started to head downstairs as you left your wand on the kitchen table.

Severus simply shook his head at you before following down the stairs to retrieve your wand and mend the mess you made searching for your wedding ring.

858 words