I won't let go

A/N This one was inspired by a scene in 'Titanic' as I saw the movie a few days ago and got the inspiration to write this.

WARNINGS: suicide attempt

Enjoy :)

It was a few minutes before dinner started, you were outside the Slytherin common room as you were talking with someone you thought you loved.

"We are over." Your boyfriend, Hugh, said. Tears pooled at the corners of your eyes as he said that. "Why?" you asked with pure devastation in your voice.

He scoffed at you in almost a sarcastic way, you both were in your seventh year and you thought you two would get married once school was over and the both of you got jobs and all.

You loved him, you truly did, but his actions seemed out of place for a breakup.

"Because I don't need you anymore." Hugh's words made your heart shattered "What do you mean with that?"

He laughed at your question making anger bubble in your chest but his next words were enough to break your heart completely "I don't love you anymore, (y/n). I never did. I had to be in a relationship with you so my annoying parents would stop bothering me."

Uncontrollable tears ran down your cheeks "But I did love you." you whispered.

"Not everything is always about you, (y/n). You should know that by now." and with that. Hugh turned around and left you standing in the corridor with a broken heart and tears running down your cheeks.

You knew it was dinner time by now, but you couldn't face moving from your place as your feet seemed to be rooted on their spot. You didn't know how much time you spent just standing outside the Slytherin common room but when you finally were able to move again, you wiped your stained cheeks and whispered the password, entering the familiar place and going straight to your dorm.

Little did you know that a certain Potions Master saw all the interaction you had with Hugh and he cursed under his breath when he saw tears in your eyes.

Severus couldn't deny that he was in love with you but of course any kind of relationship between you and him other than the professional you two held, was forbidden. That's why he didn't say anything to you.

He also knew that he had little chances of you loving him back because you've been dating Hugh since your fifth year. Severus decided on going to the Great Hall, trying to give you some space as he understood your pain completely.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

You didn't go to the Great Hall for dinner as you weren't hungry, the only thing that flashed through your mind were the memories you had with Hugh, as you really fell in love with him but then you thought how pathetic you must be looking right now, crying over a boy who never loved you back, who played with your heart, who made you feel loved only to discover that everything was a vile façade.

You gripped your hair in frustration as you started to throw the things that were on your bed such as books and parchment.

A letter made its way towards your feet and with glossy eyes, you picked it up only to discover that it was the letter your parents wrote to you a few weeks ago.

That letter tore your heart apart as they were only interested in your marriage with Hugh as you were a pureblood witch from a very rich and powerful family.

How were you going to explain to your parents that you two are no longer together? They'll put the blame on you, as always. Saying that you weren't enough and that you must have done something for Hugh to break up the relationship.