Stars in your eyes

The Yule Ball was approaching and as you were a teacher your presence was needed as well as all the other staff members. The ball was in no less than a week and you were super excited. You've always wanted to go to a ball like this one, you already have your dress, your shoes, everything. The only thing that you need to do now is to wait until next week.

On the other hand, the Potions Master, Severus Snape, wasn't very keen on this type of event, he just wanted to get over with it and continue with the normal classes. Then again, this wasn't going to be a 'normal year' with the Triwizard Tournament and all but better enjoy the tranquility before the storm.

A couple of days later, Albus, Minerva and Severus were at the teacher's lounge discussing some last details. Well... the first two were discussing some last details, Severus just happened to be there when the other two teachers entered the room. "So Severus, who are you going to ask for the ball?" questioned Minerva.

The Potions Master's onyx orbs gaze from his papers to her and said "Why would I do something like that?" His voice was as monotonous as ever. "Well because it's tradition!" she exclaimed which made Severus to roll his eyes dramatically. "No, only the champions are obliged to bring someone with them. I'm practically being forced to go." he said, focusing his dark orbs back to his stack of papers.

Albus and Minerva exchanged a knowing look "We know someone who would like to go with you." said the Headmaster "And who might that be?" asked Severus, focusing his gaze on the older wizard as sarcasm dripped from his voice.

"You should be more observant, Severus. I'm just going to tell you that she's a remarkable witch, very beautiful indeed and really kind." The younger professor stared at the older couple for a whole moment before he stood up from his place "Stop making jokes like that, Albus, it's not funny." with a movement of his wand, all the papers disappeared and with a flick of his cloak, Severus was out of the teacher's lounge.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

After your last class of the day was over, you dismissed the students and you went to your private chambers before dinner time.

As you sat on your bed, you caught a glimpse of your dress that was hanging in the opened closet. You couldn't wait to wear it but there was something that made your heart skip a beat every time you thought about it.

How wonderful for you it would be that Severus asked you to be his date. You knew the man was always so distant from others and that he didn't like events like the Yule Ball. You also knew that Severus was a difficult man to socialize with but even with him being so cold towards everyone, always giving sassy remarks to the students and even some teachers, you fell in love with the Potions Master.

Something that you did notice was that he never directed one of his sarcastic comments towards you. It was true that he spoke in his usual monotonous voice but he never dared to disrespect you and that was one of the many reasons you fell for Severus.

|•🐍❤️🐍🖤🐍❤️🐍•|

The day of the ball arrived in a blink of an eye. Classes were cancelled that day to give time to the students and teachers to get ready for the huge event.

You were beyond excited as you started to get ready at around three o'clock. You hadn't seen how the Great Hall was decorated but you assumed it was spectacular.

At around seven, you exited your personal chambers with your dress flowing behind you. The champions hadn't opened the ball yet so when you arrived at the stairs that connect with the Great Hall, you took a deep breath before starting to descend the large staircase.

(This is the dress you are wearing) :D