If You Ask I Will Stay

requested by @Gorgy_hun, inspired by Stay - Miley Cyrus.

Estella was the love of my life. When we met while working at Liberty, I knew she would absolutely change my world. We shared the same desires, tastes, passions, and even dreams. We'd spend hours talking about famous designers as we cleaned every office in that store. Somehow, hearing her talk excitedly about what she loved made that nightmare of a job be the best part of my day. I fell hard, and I thought she did too.

But Cruella showed up and, all of a sudden, everything was different. The "I love you"'s became less and less frequent, the cute nicknames were gone, and we barely talked about anything besides the Baroness. She forgot about the life she had before finding out the truth, she forgot about me. Just like Horace and Jasper, I became another disposable toy from her collection.

So I left.

However, people say that true love is an unbreakable, supernatural bond that is impossible to forget. No matter what happens, it will always be rooted to your heart like an ancient tree; almost like soulmates, if that even exists. Perhaps that's why my heart broke once I found out that her warehouse was burning in flames. Maybe that's the reason why I ran over there as soon as I heard the news.

"Let me in, now!" I screamed to the guards who barricaded the entrance to the warehouse. "She's dying over there, you need to do something!"

"There's no one in there, miss!" One of the policemen replied to me in a blank tone. "Just stay away, please."

I could've listened to the cops when they asked me to stay away, but their lovers were not the ones being consumed by flames. I knew she was there, I could feel she was in pain. So, instead of waiting around, I ran as fast as I could to the back entrance and entered the warehouse.

"Cruella, where are you?" I screamed while trying to see something among the fire and smoke. "Where the hell are you?"

Although I received no answer, I kept walking around the area. The carbon dioxide was slowly filling my lungs and the smell of kerosene was becoming unbearable, but I couldn't give up. I needed to find her. I needed her.

"Help, help." I heard a soft mumble coming from the other side of the room. "Jasper! Horace!"

I wasted no time and quickly followed the sound of the voice I just heard. Soon enough, I found Cruella on the ground, tied to a chair. Her skin was covered by smoke, her makeup was all over the place. Wink and Buddy were trying to bite the ropes and break them apart, but without success.

"Cruella!" I screamed while kneeling down next to her.

"Y/N?" She whispered softly, coughing right after. "What are you doing here?

"Saving you, dear." I replied as I untied the knots. "Let's get the hell out of here."

Although my sweaty hands did not facilitate the job, I managed to release Cruella from the ropes quite rapidly. She attempted to get up but was too weak to move. The warehouse was old, and it could fall apart at any given time due to the fire. We needed to leave fast. Therefore, I picked her up in my arms bridal style and tried to walk fast towards the exit, Buddy and Wink right by my side.

"We're almost there, baby." I said desperately, the flames covering my eyes more and more. "Just hold on a little more. You're so strong."

My lungs were agonizing in pain, and I could already feel multiple burns throughout my body, but no agony nor pain were stronger than my desire to see Cruella alive and well. I kept going, the back exit starting to look like a mirage in the desert. But, despite all difficulties, we made it outside. The cold Londonian wind bestowed my burning skin as I collapsed on the empty sidewalk with Cruella in my arms.

"You're okay now, you're okay now." I breathlessly repeated in her ear. "We need to go before whoever did this finds us."

"Please, stay with me." She pleaded weakly, tears falling down her eyes. "Don't let me go."

"I am not leaving your side." I assured her.

"I'm sorry," She sniffed, "for everything."

"We can talk later." I replied while kissing her forehead. "Just focus on recovering, okay? I'll try to find us a taxi to my apartment."

"Y/N?"

"Yes?" I looked at her beautiful eyes.

"I love you." She declared quietly between coughs. "Always will."

"I love you too." I replied as tears also rolled down my cheeks. "Always will."

True love is indeed unbreakable.

the angst is here once again! i hope you enjoyed this one too. thank you everyone for the comments, likes and suggestions! M