Knight in Shining Armor

It seemed to be just another boring, superfluous gala hosted by Baroness Von Hellman. The exaggerated luxury garnishing the ballroom was just a way to disguise the arrogance rooted inside such miserable woman and her presumptuous guests. The good money she offers to be her photographer is the sole reason I keep coming back to her events. I have bills to pay and some free fancy champagne is not so bad, after all.

The clock was approaching midnight and the alcohol was starting to take a hold of the invitees and even the Baroness herself. Romantic jazz-ish songs filled the room smoothly, while almost everybody found a partner to dance with under the now dimmed lights. It felt like the perfect moment to take a break from pictures and rest against the champagne table to observe filthy millionaires getting drunk.

A pat on my back made me turn. "Excuse me, miss, are you alone?"

The manager at Liberty London stood a little too close to me. The smell of cheap cologne mixed with sweat was already too strong to handle. His weird-looking hair seemed even greasier tonight. I have yet to find out how he still manages to be invited to galas and other gatherings held by the Baroness.

"Why do you ask?" I replied while crossing my arms and resting my camera on the table.

"Well, it only makes sense that a pretty woman like you would want to dance with a handsome guy like me." He offered me a weird smile.

"I'm here for work, mate." I rolled my eyes. "I don't dance."

He rested one of his hands on my left shoulder. "I'm sure you can stop taking your silly pictures for a few minutes to dance with me."

"No, I can't." My fists were clenched out of anger. "And my pictures are not silly. They are my job."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." His hand moved down to my arm, his fingers pressed my elbow quite firmly. "Just stop being stubborn and come with me, alright?"

"Stop touching me." I said through gritted teeth. "I'm not going anywhere with you, asshole."

"It will be easier if you just quit fighting, sweetheart." He pressed my arm even stronger. "Is it too much to dance with me?"

"She's not dancing with you, imbecile." A husky, deep voice spoke harshly behind me. "She's dancing with me."

Intoxicating green eyes astonished me the moment I turned to face the person who just entered the conversation, and the world seemed to come to a halt for a few seconds as we stared at each other for the first time. The most unique yet beautiful woman I have ever encountered was standing right in front of me, a confident smirk painted her face perfectly.

"If she would like to, of course." The mysterious woman spoke once again, our eyes still glued together. "May we dance together, darling?"

I was still too mesmerized to come up with words of my own, so nodding like a toddler was the only action my brain could perform. She chuckled.

"Follow me, dear."

She intertwined our hands together and led us gently around the crowd. I could hear that insufferable man still saying something as we walked away, but it did not matter to me anymore. The mere touch of this woman was making me shiver from head to toe. I was hypnotized by someone I didn't even know, and I couldn't help but let myself be stolen away.

I had the chance to take a closer look at her one more time once we stopped in the middle of the room. Her snow-white skin was shinier than the enormous chandelier above us, the red dress swaddling her body was a work of art. There wasn't one detail about her that didn't knock the breath out of me. I never imagined black and white hair could look so fantastic.

"Does my damsel in distress have a name?" She asked with a playful tone.

"Y/N." I smiled while she took a step towards me. "Does my knight in shining armor have a name?"

"What a fabulous name." I blushed. "You can call me Cruella, darling."

She wrapped her arms around my waist gently and pulled me closer. Butterflies swung around my stomach as my arms rested around her shoulders, my fingers stroke the back of her neck softly. We swayed slowly to the rhythm of a familiar R&B song playing on the speakers.

Cruella seemed to be confident and bold, but her moves were smooth and sweet. She guided me almost as if I were fragile, twirling me around like a prince charming and his Cinderella. It was strange to be this close, this comfortable with somebody I met only a few minutes ago; but it just felt right.

"I'm serious, actually." I spoke once again as we looked into each other's eyes, our bodies still moving from left to right. "Thank you for helping me escape. That man was a stubborn idiot."

"You're way too beautiful to be seen dancing around with such an intolerable bloke." Cruella replied nonchalantly. "You need someone who treats you right, sweetheart."

She was so effortlessly flirty and I was about to go crazy at every word she said. Two can play this game, though.

"Oh, really?" I asked mischievously. "And who could treat me right?"

She pulled me even closer as a response. Our chests were almost glued together, and the proximity between our faces was so dangerous to my sanity. My body trembled once she placed her mouth close to my left ear and whispered slowly. "Me."

The urge to leave everything behind and run away with this mesmerizing goddess was too strong to subside. There was no point in denying that this unusual, ground-shaking captivation was more than just a question of being intrigued by this unique woman, but was also an unrestrained attraction to someone who I know absolutely nothing about. I couldn't care less about taking pictures now.

We kept dancing some more, and I swear I could do this forever. Cruella was whispering sweet nothings in my ear like a true player until our feet got tired.

"Now, tell me." She spoke charmingly. "Does my damsel in distress have a place to spend the night?"

"I was hoping my knight in shining armor would want to share the bed with me."

"Say less." She smiled devilish. "I can take back my necklace another night."

I frowned. "What?"

"Long story, darling." She laughed. "Don't worry about it."

Cruella took my hand one more time, and we ran away into the streets of London like two hormonal teenagers. I didn't know where she was taking me, but I didn't care. Spending the night with her was the only thing on my mind.

I love the galas hosted by Baroness Von Hellman.

nothing better than slow dancing, am i right? i hope you enjoyed this one, darlings. i had a lot of fun writing it! as always, feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

p.s: more than 100k reads? holy cow!! thank you so much. i never thought i would reach numbers like this, especially after spending so many years without writing. cruella is just that hot, i guess ;) i really appreciate everyone who took the time to read this book. y'all are amazing!

love,
M