The Captive II

warning: strong language.

Cruella P.O.V

When Horace said Y/N is tough like a rock, I don't think he meant this level of toughness. It has been a week since she was taken by the three of us, and I still wasn't capable of scaring her. Not even a bit. At this point, I have tried everything under my reach: threatening to let the dalmatians attack her ("they're good boys", she said), yelling at her face, giving her terrible food, and even death threats. She remained unshakable throughout every single one of my methods. According to Y/N, I'm way too "soft" to attempt to seriously harm her.

Unfortunately, her assumption is mostly correct. Although she's still annoying, stubborn, and irritating, I learned to admire her resilience and intelligence over the past few days. She's a hard worker, dedicated woman. Almost unbeatable. It almost depresses me to realize she uses her skills to help a monster to succeed. Also, I cannot deny she is, without a doubt, a sight for sore eyes. It does feel nice to have a pretty face to look at every day.

"Cruella!" She whined on the other side of the room, handcuffed to the foot of my bed and laying on the air mattress placed right next to where I sleep. "I'm bored."

"I don't care." I replied blankly, still concentrated on the noisy sewing machine in front of me as I worked on my next design. "Perhaps if you talked to me about the Baroness' next plans, you wouldn't be bored."

"Nice try." She laughed. "I'm serious! Come on, let me at least stretch for a little bit. My wrists hurt! Please, please, please, please, please, ple-"

"Fine!" I yelled, slamming my fist on the desk. "As long as you shut the hell up."

I approached her and quickly released her wrists from the handcuffs. She stood up, still wearing the black oversized shirt Jasper borrowed her as a pajama. Playful smirk on her face, looking at me with those charming, beautiful eyes.

"Try doing anything and you become dog food." I said seriously, turning around to go back to my job. "You have no idea of what I'm capable of doing."

"Yeah, yeah, sure." She replied vaguely as I heard her steps behind me. "What are you doing?"

"None of your business." I replied, sitting on the desk chair once again. "What part of 'shut the hell up' you didn't quite comprehend?"

"Someone is grumpy today." She hummed jokingly, standing right next to me. "What happened?"

"I tend to be less approachable when someone is pissing me off, you know?"" I replied. "Now, stay away."

"May I at least see what you're sewing, please?" She asked politely this time, a small ray of sunshine lighting her face up as she waited for my answer.

Telling her no has been a struggle for me.

"Fine." I said defeated.

She opened a smile and didn't take long to get another chair to sit right next to me. I was waiting for a few sarcastic and rude comments, but they never came. Y/N remained quiet, the only sound coming from the sewing machine as she watched my fingers with focus and attention. She seemed genuinely interested at my work.

"You might be a psycho," She finally spoke, making me automatically look at her. "but you're really passionate about your job."

"I love it." I replied, fighting the urge to smile in front of her. "More than anything."

"I see that." She said as we held eye contact. She looked at me sympathetically, which differed from how she would react to me over the last days. "You're really, really talented, Cruella."

"Thank you." I answered, still surprised by her sudden softness. "But I already knew that."

"You're so full of yourself." She rolled her eyes. "You and the Baroness have a lot in common, actually."

The bare mention of her name makes my blood boil up in ways I cannot explain. I could already feel the anger taking over me. My hatred towards the Baroness exceeds any other feeling I've ever felt in my entire life, so being compared to such heartless human is the uttermost absurd I have ever heard. I'm not like her: I'm better.

"Don't you ever compare me to that sociopath, understood?" I said through gritted teeth as I grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, pulling us closer.

"You're angry because it's true!" She replied loudly, still not even one single trait of fear in her face. "You're both hungry for power, and don't hesitate to do anything under your reach to get something you want. The two of you are eccentric, narcissistic women with a lot of ego."

"If you keep talking, I swear I will hurt every single bone of your body." I grabbed her shirt even stronger, our noses almost touching due to the proximity of our faces. "Shut up. Right now."

"Why do you hate her so much, Cruella?" She asked while looking me in the eyes intensely. "Is it jealousy? Envy? Why do you want to destroy her so bad?"

"Because she fucking killed my mother!"

okay, hear me out.... what about 4 parts instead of 3? i wasn't joking when i said i was invested lol please let me know what you think about it, if you can ☺️ i always appreciate your feedback. hope everyone is safe and well! M