The Act III

When Cruella told me I would only be wearing her designs henceforth, I thought she was just trying to make a joke. She was not joking.

It only took a couple of days after our first fake date for Jasper to call my home phone and invite me to Hell Hall once again. Cruella wanted to take my measurements. "She wants to see you as soon as possible," he added by the end of our call. I hung up the phone with a stupid smile on my face.

"Hey, Y/N!" Jasper exclaimed happily once he opened the front door. "Cruella is waiting for you upstairs. Just follow the noise of her sewing machine and you'll find her, mate."

My slow steps towards the second floor of their huge mansion did not match the fast speed of my beating heart as the noise got louder. I wanted to pay closer attention to the artworks spread across the hall, but my mind could only focus on the fact that I was about to see Cruella one more time.

I strongly knocked on the ajar door so she could listen to me. "Cruella?"

The noise coming from the sewing machine stopped.

"Come in, darling."

I took a deep breath before opening the door.  Although my obvious nervousness was almost overwhelming at this point, the simplicity of her personal studio made me calm down as soon as I entered it.

No chandeliers, no fancy paintings. The wood-like walls were covered with multiple drawings, a few hangers spread around along with some random pieces of fabric. The sunlight coming from the window made it feel cozy, almost home-like. I am sure she spends most of her time inside this room.

"Good morning, dear." She stood up from the sewing machine table once our eyes locked, two teacups in her hands. "I made us tea. Chamomile, of course."

I took one of the cups with a smile on my face. "Thanks, Cruella. That's my favorite."

"I know." She replied before giving a sip. "You did mention that on our date."

She didn't say it was a fake date.

"Yeah, I did." My cheeks felt hotter than the tea. "I didn't think you were paying attention."

"Of course I was." She took one of her hands to her chest, a fake offended look on her face. "I need to know everything about my girlfriend, am I right?"

It was hard to ignore the warm feeling inside my stomach as those words came out of her mouth.

We stared at each other for a few seconds. Not even her adorable glasses could subdue the beauty of her eyes. She looked relaxed, and without any make-up, her snow-white complexion shone even brighter. It was way too easy to get lost in her every single detail.

"Shall we get started?" She asked me. I nodded. "Great. Please undress while I grab my measuring tape. You can stand by the mirror once you are ready."

I almost choked on my tea. "Undress?"

"Yes, undress." She replied nonchalantly while walking to her table. "Don't you know how this works, darling?"

I did know how it worked. Cruella would not be the first designer to ever take my measurements. This is perhaps one of the most common occurrences of my job. The thought of taking my clothes off to her, however, made a drop of sweat fall from my forehead.

I placed the teacup on her table before making my way to the mirror. I went quiet for a few seconds as I stared at my reflection, thoughts running through my mind like race cars. Being undressed in her presence felt dangerous, maybe almost too vulnerable.

"You can trust me, dear." She approached me from behind, one of her hands rested on my shoulder.  "Let me help you."

You are not the problem. I don't trust myself.

She reached for the hem of my black turtleneck. I raised my arms, she pulled the shirt up. The sound of  fabric dropping on the floor was the only noise filling the room. I could barely concentrate as her breath tingled the back of my now bare neck. Cruella was too close.

She looked at my jeans. "May I?"

I nodded.

She had to wrap her arms around my waist in order to reach the button on my jeans. The way her skin touched my ribs was like blowing a dynamite inside of me.

She unzipped my pants at the same slow pace as she unbuttoned them. Her every move seemed to be calculated, as if she knew the effect her mere presence had on me. I had no idea what was happening to me.

"Perfect." She said calmly. "Let's begin."

Her gentle behavior and politeness made me wonder why she has such a bad reputation. Cruella was careful with every single touch, making sure to ask for permission before reaching for any of my body parts. She went out of her way to put me at ease. I've never trusted a designer as much as I do now.

The tension inside the studio, however, was still palpable. I felt as if I was melting away whenever her fingertips would slightly brush my skin along with the measuring tape. Her hands were cold, but they made me catch on fire. I couldn't help but wonder what they are capable of doing.

She was standing behind me once again. "You're doing great. I just need your shoulder size and we should be done."

"O-okay." I responded shakily as my muscles stiffened up.

"Relax for me, darling. You're too tense. Take a deep breath and let go of your shoulders." I did exactly as she asked. "Good girl."

The job was done, but she was still close. I did not dare to move either. We made eye contact through the mirror in front of us, her chin almost touched the left side of my neck. I couldn't look away.

"No wonder your manager believes you have a bright future ahead of you." Her voice was low, almost like a whisper close to my ear. "You have the physique of a Greek goddess."

A sudden rush of confidence took over me. "I'm supposed to be your girlfriend, right? You should be seen with the best there is."

"Indeed, sweetheart." She chuckled devilishly, her lips brushed my shoulders. "We make a great couple."

I could stay this close to her for hours, listening to those sweet nothings in my ear like they were true. Like she didn't say the very same things for every woman she knows.

This was a too dangerous of a game, though. I must regain focus.

I cleared my throat and took a step away from her. "Well, are we done?"

"Yes, we are." Cruella responded sharply. Her tough attitude was back. "Jasper will reach out to you once I am done with your clothes."

"Okay. Great."

"Great."

I dressed up quickly and made my way to the door without looking back. "Until next time, Cruella."

"Until next time, Y/N."

hey, darlings! i missed y'all. it has been a busy, kinda miserable end of semester. we're just going to power through it, am i right? anyways, i truly hope you like this part! i'm truly enjoying to write this story. your feedback, as always, is much appreciated. let me know your thoughts! i hope life is treating you well 💖