The Act II

My night was restless. The guilt of lying to people was quickly replaced with the severe nervousness crawling my skin at the mere thought of being with Cruella one more time. Her rude behavior from yesterday's meeting only made me feel even more on edge. Not knowing what would happen this afternoon was the reason my legs were bouncing incessantly on the couch in my living room.

Our first romantic encounter might be fake, but the annoying butterflies dancing around my stomach were definitely real. The realization of what was about to happen hit me like a reckless train as I tied my high heels onto my feet: I was going on a date with Cruella de Vil.

The clock hit 12'o clock and my bell rang immediately. I felt like I could throw up. I made my way towards the door as I fixed my white dress, one last spray of perfume before reaching for the door handle. The craziest thing that has ever happened to me was about to begin.

My jaw almost dropped once I opened the door.

"Hello, darling."

Not even the endless camera flashes coming my way were capable of diverting my attention from the staggering woman standing right in front of me. Bouquet of roses in one hand, her signature cane in the other. The smirk forming on her red lips gave away she noticed how baffled I was as I shamelessly stared at her impeccable outfit. The black jacket contrasting her silk-white skin made me lose my breath for a few seconds. She looked flawless.

Cruella came closer, her mouth almost touching my left ear. "Let's begin the show, shall we, dear?"

Her dark-toned voice was enough to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. My only response was an embarrassing nod in agreement.

She barely gave me time to place the bouquet inside my house before reaching for my hand, our fingers intertwined like puzzle pieces made to be together. She opened the black limousine door for me like a true gentlewoman, and only entered the vehicle once she was sure I was comfortably seated inside.

We sat across from each other as Horace, Cruella's other friend, drove the limousine away towards the fancy restaurant. An awkward silence settled between the two of us. I uncomfortably adjusted myself on the white-colored seat, not knowing what to do next.

"Your dress looks good." She broke the silence. "Where is it from?"

"Valentino." I responded with a shy smile. "I was able to keep it from one of my photoshoots a few weeks ago. It's marvelous, isn't it?"

"It's quite marvelous, indeed." She stared at me up and down with no shame. It was a hard mission not to blush. "I can do better, of course."

I arched an eyebrow. "Oh, really? You think you're better than Valentino Garavani?"

"I'm sure, darling." She laughed. "This is the last time you'll be seen wearing something that wasn't made by me, by the way."

"What?"

"I'm designing every single attire you wear while we're together." She said firmly.

"Cruella, you really don't have to. This would be too much."

"This is not open for discussion." She replied nonchalantly, which somehow made it even more intimidating. "You're my girlfriend now, aren't you? You should always be seen wearing the best."

I tried to convince myself that the weird feelings igniting my body were caused by the excitement to be wearing her creations, rather than the way her voice sounded when she called me her girlfriend.

The noises coming from outside quickly distracted me once the limousine reached our destination. My jaw instantly dropped once my eyes landed on the wave of reporters and fans waiting outside Smith and Wollensky. The big fuss intensified when they realized we arrived. It was nothing compared to the few paparazzi who waited for us at my door a few minutes ago. I froze in panic.