🖤Rising Hope🖤

3rd PERSON POV

" I failed to protect her inside my own house . I broke all the clan rules to protect her. In the end I lost her . I am sorry . I know I should be there with you but I can't gather the courage . It's all my fault. " He said dejectedly .

He had been plagued by guilt, he withdrew from society due to his inability to forgive himself for protecting the woman he loved at the expense of achieving justice for his murdered teacher.

Lan Xichen's heart broke looking at his father . He knew his father loved his mother very much . Every month when they would visit their mother , he would stand in distance . And just watch with smile .

Both the children present there were mature to understand the meaning of love not love. Any words from their mouth wouldn't help the man sitting in front of them .

.

.

.

The silence stretched longer . Qingheng-Jun signed .

" How is A' Zhan ?" he broke the silence .

His heart bleed thinking about him . The child always counted days to meet his mother . Only she could break his shell . And he would happily let her do it .

Sign" Mother passed away on the same day we were supposed to visit her . Lan Zhan just started to learn Zither . He wanted to show it to mother . She always opened the door for us but that day ...

Flashback

A five year child was impatiently waiting in front of the door of his elder brother. He knew today he would meet his mother . She would be standing in front of her door with open arms and kind smile .His mother had a beautiful smile and a pair of kind eyes just like his brother .

He would recite the poems he learnt . Then she would praise him . And smile .

 And smile

Lan Xichen opened the door and chuckled at the eagerness of his brother

Lan Xichen opened the door and chuckled at the eagerness of his brother . He could clearly see the impatience behind the indifference expression .

He too was excited for today . He knew his mother would make Lan Zhan sit on her lap . Then she would comb their hair . Then ask them about their study . Sometimes tease his younger brother in middle .